Recommendations were made to finance committee on 10th August regarding progression of asset transfer and development of community trust status. These recommendations were accepted and will be taken forward.
The weather has been disappointing and the use of the pool in the first month has reflected this with low attendances. It is hoped the second month will improve on all fronts.
Councillor Howard and I did a check-list on Monday evening at 6 p.m. when the Prom. was still very busy, and report as follows:-
If it’s possible at some time (no rush), to get the cherry-picker to cut back the conifers and remove dead spindles, etc., from same.
Fencing along the boundary of the Lakeside Caravan Park. This is need of renewal, which would enhance the area, but must check ownership.
Check if and when the gates to the grass car park area being locked. There appears to be a new meeting point for boy/girl racers in the corner near the swimming pool.
We are going to promote and advertise the petanque rink in the Millenium Garden, as it doesn’t appear to be used at the moment. I mentioned this to Cllr. Steady who said that people from the U3A, who had requested this facility, said there was a query regarding the depth of the shingle, and that Terry would look at this. Prior to that, they had said it was fine!
Loos were ok, but not very fragrant. Jean wondered I there could be another way of accessing the disabled toilet, and we will make enquiries.
Skate Park looks all right from a distance, but on close inspection, it is well beyond it’s use by date.
BMX Pump Track – Soil was left there months ago, as pupils from The Colne were hopefully going to have a working party to improve it. The idea was that if they took an interest, it would get used more and be looked after. The soil is now a very weedy area, and the track still needs improvement. Jean will put this on the Agenda for the next Youth Council.
New posts to finish the grassed area in the car park – already in budget.
Cladding of Warden’s Hut – TDC.
Re-siting of re-cycling bins – TDC.
New signs re. dogs on leads – still to be done – TDC.
New notice board – errors still to be corrected – TDC.
Access/Egress signs in tarmac car park – TDC.
Shelter – Refurbishment of shelter to be discussed with TDC.
An SSSI sign, with information about the flora and fauna on the site near Bateman’s Tower. We will discuss.
I will be arranging a meeting with the user groups of the Boating Lake at the end of the season.
We will review siting of bins and benches and where/if new ones are needed.
CCTV – Coverage to be looked at and there have been problems with Careline.
Where Terry exposed the pipework to see if the flooding of the grassed area was coming from there, the orange heras fencing is still there. Will check to see if there is a reason for this. Grounds Staff may strim weeds and remove fencing today or tomorrow.
A letter has been received from Framlingham Fisheries, explaining the work they will undertake in the Boating Lake. We have been looking for a sign to ask people not to feed ducks with bread. We have now seen one – see below. We will look into getting one made.
I had a call from William Coulet this morning, and will arrange a meeting with him early in September, to discuss Grants possibilities – with Chairman of Finance, the Mayor, Terry, Jean and myself. He also mentioned a pilot scheme to re-enforce the area around Bateman’s with Geo Block, to replace rock armour. I will discuss this with TDC and report back.
A reminder that a Food and Drink Festival will be held on the Prom. from 11 am to 6 pm over the bank holiday weekend.