- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- Civic Voice, is helping conserve and protect the nation’s war memorials for the long term by ensuring that there are skilled volunteers available to assess their condition and take steps to preserve them in the proper way. They are holding a ‘Sharing Success’ Event on 24th April at the Essex Regiment Museum, Chelmsford, to hear from some of the inspiring volunteers about the ways they are commemorating the First World War. They hope anyone attending will be inspired to go back to your own community and record the condition of your own War Memorials as the nation remembers the fallen 100 years on. If anyone would like to attend, please let the Clerk know.
- Copy of the agenda for the March 2018 Transport Meetings, together with a copy of their newsletter. (Copied to Councillor Judson).
- Copy of the CVST community e-bulletin for week commencing 5 March 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the March edition of Essex County Council’s Making the Links Publication. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Spring 2018 edition, and first emailed Edition of The Essex Playing Field Magazine. (Copied to Councillor Steady).
- Copy of the EALC Legal Update, March 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Civic Voice War Memorials News – 6th March 2018.
- Copy of the Friends of Historic Essex Spring Newsletter.
- Notification from Essex partnership University – NHS Foundation Trust – of its “Your Voice – Open House Meeting in Clacton” on Monday 19th March 2018. (Poster displayed in notice board.)
- Notification from TDC that the CCTV Maintenance contract expires at the end of July 2018, and they are going out to tender shortly. (This may have an impact on the annual fee they charge.)
- Notification from Essex County Council of an intended road closure in Sydney Street, due to commence on 2nd April 2018 for 1 day. The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce while Anglian Water undertakes jetting works. Please click on the following link https://roadworks.org?tm=104885374.
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Stephen Avery – Would like to hold a Dog Fun Day on the 22nd July 2018 between 10am and 4pm on the Lower Park Recreation Ground. The day will include photo-shoots of the dogs, a raffle and also a competition for best looking dog and other activities. They will not be charging for entry but any money raised from the raffle and any donations made will be going to a local animal shelter – this is yet to be confirmed who.
2.2 Porridge and Pens – Would like to hold another Summer Fete on Hurst Green on Saturday 15th September 2018. The event last year went down really well and they had a good turn out, despite the rain coming in on us. They raised over £3000 for the Brightlingsea School in Ghana.
2.3 Bert Stocks Fun Fair wish to visit the Western Promenade site – Monday 23rd until Monday 30th July 2018.
2.4 A group of local Christians who live in Brightlingsea would like to hold a Giant Family Picnic on the green space by the park area along Promenade Way, on 15th or 16th August. This would include food, games and fun for all the family which they would organise. There would be no charge as they want to run this as a community event but may ask for donations which would go to a local charity related to children, this is yet to be decided on. They would of course clear up after the event and leave the area as we found it.
2.5 NECC (North Essex Caravan Club) would like to hold its 2019 rally on Lower Park Playing Fields for 19 – 22 April 2019 for the Easter Weekend. (They are visiting again this year 25-28th May).