- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- Copy of the Essex Association of Local Councils County Update No. 161 – May 2018, which included an article on “New Mayors take up their office for 2018/2019”. Pleased to report that Councillor Smith was included in this article. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Essex Playing Fields Association – Summer 2018 edition of “The Playing field”.
- Copy of the Essex Association of Local Councils Legal Update, Issue No 3 – June 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Letter of thanks from the Alzheimer’s Society for the donation from the Mayors Fund during 2017/2018. (Copied to Councillor Block).
- Notification from Tendring District Council on the Recycling Credits for the community Centre Recycling Centre – £409.88 has been generated from October 2017 – March 2018.
- Notification from the Passenger Transport Unit of Essex County Council of changes to Hedingham & Omnibus Commercial Services with effect from 01.07.18. The following services will be affected: Service X76 Colchester – Jaywick (revised timetable); Service 87 Colchester – Brightlingsea (revised timetable); Service 130 Clacton – Jaywick (withdrawn, however journeys are included on service X76 with a slightly revised timetable); Service 137 Clacton circular (revised timetable). (Copied to Councillors Block and Judson).
- Notification from the Passenger Transport Unit of Essex County Council of changes to First Services in Clacton. (Copied to Councillors Block and Judson).
- Notification of an appeal decision notice for planning application 17/001086/OUT – Land East of Folkards Lane, Brightlingsea. (Copied to the planning committee).
- Update from Tendring District Council on the progress of the submitted Local Plan. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of a Statutory notice from Essex County Council, proposing to expand Alresford Primary School. (Notice on council notice board). Closing date for representations will be 12.7.18.
- Notification from the Passenger Transport Unit of Essex County to changes to ECC supported Local Bus services in Clacton. (Copied to Councillors Block and Judson).
- Notification that the Visit Essex Group are resurrecting the Tourism & Leisure Show, and will be holding an event at Hylands Estate in the Pavilion, Chelmsford, on October 16th from 10.30am until 3.30pm. (Copied to Councillor Yallop).
- Notification that this year Crucial Crew Event for Older Persons will take place on 27th September 2018 – 10am – 2pm at the Princes Theatre, Town Hall, Clacton on Sea. The event is free to attend, please contact Charlotte on 01255 686359.
- Copy of the Civic Voice War Memorials News – 29th May 2018.
- Notification of the RCCE Annual General Meeting, which is taking place on Wednesday 11th July 2018, at Chelmsford Citi Racecourse, Great Leighs. (Copied to Councillor Steady).
- Copy of the Essex Association of Local Councils County Update Special Edition No 161. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification from Maldon District Council on the consultation for :- the Draft Maldon District Vehicle Parking Standards Supplementary Planning document (SPD) and the Draft Maldon District Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). The Consultation starts on 14th June and closes on 26th July 2018 at 4.30pm.
- Information from the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service with an updated list of their Service Delivery Points (SDP’s) where their Fire Safety Officers review consultations pertaining to premises in their jurisdiction.
- Letter from the Brightlingsea Community Centre asking for financial help with the purchase of external seating. (Copied to the Finance Committee for consideration).
- Letter of thanks from the Royal British Legion for its Annual Grant, together with a request for the annual grant to be increased. (Copied to the Finance Committee for consideration).
- Invitation from Essex County Council to participate in the 2018/2019 Winter Salt Bag Partnership Scheme – closing date 22nd July 2018. (Passed to Grounds Manager)
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea in Bloom for its Annual Grant.
- Letter of thanks from the Brightlingsea Carnival Association for its Annual Grant.
- Letter of thanks from the Brightlingsea YMCA for its Annual Grant.
- Letter from a resident of Hurst Green regarding the Brightlingsea Music Festival. (Letter forwarded to the Chairman of the Music Festival for their action/comments).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 North Essex Caravan Club would like to change the date of its 2019 rally, from 19th – 22nd April 2019 to 3rd – 6th May 2019 on the Lower Park Playing Fields.
2.2 The following e-mail has been received from Tendring District Council:- “As you may already be aware, Operation London Bridge is the plan for the funeral of HM The Queen and accession of the new Sovereign.
Each District/Borough in Essex has a plan in place for their areas which includes protocols covering flags, civic events, books of condolence and floral tributes. TDC’s books of condolence will be based at Clacton Town Hall and the Council Offices in Weeley, and we will also direct floral tributes to these sites.
I have met with TDC’s Horticultural team who will be responsible for the sensitive removal of floral tributes in the District. As I am sure you will appreciate, we are unable to predict the level of tributes but it has been suggested that if each town and parish decides on one designated site in their area for floral tributes, TDC will then remove flowers on the day after the funeral, in line with other councils across Essex. If your town or parish covers a particularly large demographical area then two points may be required however I will leave this to you as you know your town or parish best. We have allocated the entire day for these removals but obviously as few designated areas as possible would be appreciated. TDC will also remove tributes from its Memorial sites – this may coincide with your choice of site obviously.
Can I ask that you put this to your next Council meeting and then let me know the exact location(s) in order that we may draw up plans?
Also – towns and parishes are also welcome to run their own books of condolence. It might be useful if you could let me know if this is something that your town or parish is planning on, so that we can incorporate in any media releases etc.
Finally, if anyone has any questions or suggestions, please do let me know. Hopefully this won’t happen for a long time but I think we should all be aware, and have an idea of what we all need to put in place.”
2.3 The following e-mail has been received from the Essex Association of Local Councils:- “Your Help is wanted.
The Parish sector Council is the primary central focus in any community and therefore best placed to work within the community with the smallest of groups, and be able to identify vulnerable people. There are many initiatives ongoing, such Dementia Friendly places and local neighbourhood support groups. I am really interested on how your council supports the community, what you provide and how you help others. Many of you will have grant funds to support the local voluntary organisations and in your communities you are likely to have many people that help their neighbours. Social isolation is a big issue that we as a sector can assist with, working with you I want to pull together some examples of best practice.
I want to bring together some good practice on how you assist with health and wellbeing. I am looking for the way you support local groups, the facilities you provide, the space you make available for clinics and good neighbour friend schemes.
The EALC is exploring ways of working with the ECC to help address the issues of social isolation, and health and wellbeing.
I am seeking volunteers to sit on a focus group, so that we can draw this information together.
Please contact Rebecca.email@example.com to get your name registered. If you would like to register please can you complete and return the attached consent form.
You are eligible to take part as a Councillor, Clerk or Other Officer, or your Council can nominate a representative.
I would appreciate a response no later than Thursday 28th June. If you wish to take the decision to a Council meeting, please let Rebecca know the date by which you can supply a name.”
2.4 Porridge and Pens are holding a Fun Run on Sunday 8th July 2018, along with a Fun Day at the Brightlingsea Sports Centre. The race will commence at 10am and the event is from 9am until 2pm. The event is fully supported by the Brightlingsea Sports Centre and TDC. Porridge and Pens have asked for permission to put a sign up by the farm, just after Graham Labelling, to inform everyone of the event, and to be aware of runners.