- Copy of the RCCE Essex Warbler – June 2018 edition. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Essex Association of Local Councils county Update – Special Edition No. 164. This edition detailed the successful applicants of the ECC Local Service Fund Improving Local Places for July 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of an e-mail from Roger Hirst, Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner announcing that the current Temporary Deputy Chief Constable of Essex Police, Ben-Julian (BJ) Harrington, has been confirmed as the next Chief Constable of Essex. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification from the Brightlingsea Community Centre that they are applying to Tesco for grant assistance to help with the costs of maintaining and replanting some of the flower beds at the Community Centre.
- Copy of the Summer 2018 Edition of Field Notes Publication, the exclusive newsletter for Friends of Fields in Trust.
- Copy of the Essex Heritage News 2018 Publication, the newsletter for the Essex Heritage Trust.
- Copy of the Friends of Historic Essex Newsletter – June 2018.
- Notification of the Tesco Bags of Help Scheme, which provides grants of £4,000, £2,000 and £1,000 for Community Projects. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the War Memorial Newsletter – 10.7.18 from Civic Voice.
- Invitation to participate in the 2018/2019 Winter Salt Bag partnership Scheme from Essex County Council. (Copied to Grounds Manager for advice).
- Letter of thanks from The Autumn Centre for their Annual Grant for 2018.
- Notification of the Polling District and polling Place Review 2018. The deadline for responses in respect of the initial consultation is 28th August 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR GOGGIN:
- Correspondence between Tendring District Council and County Councillor Goggin regarding the obligations under S.106 specifically for highway works. (Copied to all Councillors).
2.1 Statement from ECC – Essex County Care Ltd Well House Brightlingsea. (Copied to all Councillors).
2.2 Copy of a map showing the areas of Grass Verges that Essex County Council is responsible for, and the area of Grass Verge cut by the Parish but funded by Essex County Council. (Copied to Councillor Steady and also Grounds Manager for information). ECC state that the Spring Cut in Tendring started w/c 18th June, and should be complete by mid-July.
2.3 Information on Well House Care Home Covenants (Copied to Councillor J Chapman).
CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
3.1 Brightlingsea U3A would like permission to use Hurst Green on Friday 17th August 2018 for a ‘games afternoon’ as a social get together, from 2pm until 3.30-4pm, with approximately 15-25 people attending. The games would be badminton, quoits, boules etc. They will leave the green in a tidy condition and would forward their Risk Assessment once the plans for the afternoon are finalised.
3.2 The Colne Yacht Club have requested a Temporary Road Closure from 1900hrs on Friday 9th to 2200hrs on Saturday 10th November 2018 for its Firework Display. The area concerned is Waterside the Hard, around the Harbour Office to the junction of Fieldgate Dock and New Street. The organisers will ensure that provision is made to allow emergency vehicles access if required. Members of the public may use the road during the event. Warning notices will be placed prior to the event/closure.
3.3 Brightlingsea Rugby Club would like the U8’s and U11’s to start training at the Recreation Ground Sunday mornings from late September. They do not need pitches, just an area.
3.4 Brightlingsea Community First Responders would like to purchase and donate a defibrillator and cabinet to Brightlingsea Town Council and wish for it to be installed on the Public Convenience building in the Car Park, Promenade Way.
Their suggestion is:-
- Brightlingsea Community First Responders will donate the defibrillator and cabinet to Brightlingsea Town Council. Brightlingsea Town Council will then negotiate with Tendring District Council regarding their agreement. (The First Responders have already received TDC’s agreement, but the Town Council need to make contact).
- Brightlingsea Community First Responders can arrange for a qualified electrician to fit the cabinet to an electrical supply free of charge, unless BTC would like to undertake this at their cost.
- Brightlingsea Community First Responders, as a community gesture, will maintain the equipment and supply any replacement parts.
- TDC have informed the First Responders that they will require this equipment to be covered by Public Liability Insurance, and have asked if we are able to add this to the Town Councils policy.