- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- Copy of the June/July 2017 edition of the Bus Passenger News. (Copied to Councillors Judson and Smith).
- Notification of the final recommendations for the Electoral Review of Tendring. Brightlingsea is to remain a 3 member ward. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of an appeal decision and costs decision for planning application number 16/01385/FUL – Homefield, Church Road, Brightlingsea CO7 0QT. (Copied to the planning committee).
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea its Bloom for its additional grant.
- An email from a local resident regarding the Colne School admissions failure. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the Essex County Council and Southend-on-Sea Borough Council Joint Replacement Waste Local Plan – Receipt of Inspector’s Report. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Local Highways Panel Terms of Reference from Essex County Council. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Tendring District Council Local Plan Section Two: Draft Publication (Regulation 19) – Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Addendum: Appraisal of New Policy HP4 – June 2017. The consultation on this document will be for six weeks commencing 14th July and closing at 5pm on 25th August 2017. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the 2017 Essex Village of the Year Competition winners (see attached).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Fight Klub would like to hold a free event on Tuesday 29th August from 5.00pm until 8.00pm to celebrate the successes of a fitness group over the past year. Details as follows:- “The weekly classes have been getting lots of Brightlingsea’s residents up and on their feet. Many of us find that a lack of self-confidence or motivation is a barrier to exercise and socialising and this group has been a great support in helping people overcome these challenges so they can enjoy getting fit and socialise!
We would like to hold the free event on Tuesday 29th August from 5.00pm until 8:00pm on the green down by the promenade (where the local car boot sales usually take place). We’ll be running a special taster session set to music (which we will power with a generator). The event will be suitable for all ages and abilities and will include a special mini session for children.
We will be looking to book an ice cream van for the event too, so that those joining in with the class can reward themselves with a treat afterwards!
We will, of course, clear up any litter from the event before leaving.”
- Essex County Council are holding the next Countywide Superfast Essex Parish Engagement Event on Tuesday 25th July at 7.30pm to 9pm (with arrival, registration and light buffet/refreshments from 7pm) at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford. They have now added an additional session to the event to provide the opportunity for parish/town councils and broadband champions to hear from County Broadband and the work they are doing in Essex. This will be a short presentation followed by an opportunity to ask questions. This meeting will commence at 6.30pm prior to the main Superfast Essex Parish Engagement event which commences at 7pm with refreshments.
- Shop Brightlingsea and Brightlingsea Schools PTA are in the process of organisation this years Brightlingsea Christmas Market (formerly known as Late Night Shopping) and wondered if the Town Council would like to sponsor a Christmas Tree for the Town. The area they thought would be best for the tree would be in the War Memorial Gardens.
- Sweets R Us have a professional trailer and are keen to see if there’s any suitable areas they can set up during the week near the beach or swimming pool. They have a regular market slot in Colchester High Street and have full PLI. Any information would be appreciated.