- Notification of Scope house-to-house collection dates:-
- 1 April to 21 April 2019
- 6 April 2020 to 26 April 2020
- Copy of the Essex Playing Fields Association Magazine for Winter 2018/2019.
- Copy of the EALC E-Bulletin for w/c 17.12.18. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Essex County Council/Ringway Jacobs Highways Highlights – December 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the EALC Local Service Fund County Update – December 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of Essex County Council Local Bus Consultation December 2018. The consultation runs from 19th December 2018 until 22nd March 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the CDC Tourism Yearbook for 2019. (Copy to Councillor Yallop).
- Information/notice from Alphamarque, who are specialists for mobility and easier living products. (Copied to Councillor J Chapman).
- Information from County Councillor Goggin on Essex Energy Switch. (Copied to all Councillors).
CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Bert Stocks Fun Fair would like to visit the Western Promenade the last week of July, same as last year, from 22nd until 28th July 2019.
2.2 Brightlingsea Carnival requests permission to use the Safe Play Area for Car Boot Sales on Easter Bank Holiday Monday 22nd April, May Day Bank Holiday Monday 6th May, Spring Bank Holiday Monday 27th May and August Bank Holiday Monday 26th May, and for Sundays 14th July and 15th September 2019. Also permission to use the Bayard Recreation Ground for a Carnival Fun Day on Saturday 15th June.
2.3 The Friends of All Saints’ Church, Brightlingsea are working on a big project to restore the heritage of All Saints’, Brightlingsea, to make the Tower safe and to install facilities (WC and small kitchen) to encourage better use of our community amenity. This will cost a great deal of money and we are seeking funding from many sources, so we are keen to prove that many different individuals and groups are (or could be) linked in with the project. Projects that win funding usually show that not only has the local heritage been preserved and interpreted for a wider audience, but also that more people have enjoyed an experience of heritage and the local community has benefited.
We would, therefore, like to talk with you to discuss your ideas on greater involvement with this outstanding piece of heritage, especially with regards to:
- How your activities could be connected with All Saints’ ?
- Which features of All Saints’ (inside or outside the church, as well as in the churchyard), e.g. the Tower or the Memorial Tiles, are particularly interesting or important to you ?
- With what other organisations/groups, would it be useful to collaborate ?
- Are there any other age-groups with whom you could share activities, perhaps by demonstrating skills or know-how ?
We would be grateful if you could suggest a time and place when it would be convenient for one of our project group to talk to you about this. Later, when you have considered the questions, it would be lovely to receive a letter from you outlining your support for this project. Please note we are not asking for any financial contributions from you, only ideas for collaboration and support. If you are aware of any suitable grant-making organisations, please do let us know.
2.4 Brightlingsea Community Centre have enquired whether it would be possible for them to have an advertising board located in the area of Victoria Place, specifically to advertise Community Centre events. (They do not have anywhere particular in mind but a fixed wall mounted location would be best.)
2.5 Batemans Tower Cafe would like to position a catering van in the Promenade Way car park; they propose to put the van up on the land near the playground. They will be running a generator However; would like to ask if it would be possible once the building work at the toilets has been completed if we could park near there and possibly hook up to the electricity supply? (At a charge of course). This would benefit Batemans Tower Cafe as it would elevate the necessity to carry and operate the generator. They have sourced most of the equipment needed for the burger van in gas however would still need electricity for lighting etc.
If they were allowed to park in the car park would we need a license with Tendring District Council?
2.6 Tendring Community Safety Partnership – Days of Action. The Tendring Community Safety Partnership are encouraging local community groups in Tendring to plan and host their own Community Day of Action aimed at tackling local issues of concern. The closing date for bids to be submitted is 31/01/2019.