- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- Tendring District Council “North Essex Garden Communities Issues and Options Consultations” which runs from the 13th November 2017 until 22nd January 2018. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the Recycling Credits to be paid from the Community Centre site. £183.12 to be paid from April – June 2017, and £121.14 to be paid from July – September 2017.
- Newsletter from Affinity Water – Water Resources Update. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the CCTV Stats for August and September 2017 –
- Crimes Reported to CCTV (alert via Tenbac) = 0
- Crimes Reported to CCTV (Alert via Police) = 0
- Crimes Detected soley by CCTV (no alert) = 0
- Requested Emergency Assistance = 0
- Who Requested Emergency Assistance = 0
- Total Number of Crimes = 0
- Notification from Essex County Council on its School recycling competition.
- Notification of intended closure of Sydney Street, due to commence on 8th January 2018 for 5 days. (Copied to all Councillors)
- Received 5 E-mails for a zebra crossing to be installed:- one outside the Colne School, and the other two where the lollipop ladies work – on Ladysmith Avenue and Lower park Road. (Copied to Councillors Judson and Smith)
- Notification from Italia In Piazza (the Italian Market), that they are taking a break from trading, with immediate effect. (Copied to Councillor J Chapman).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Ipswich based Circus Petite, would like to bring their amazing little show to our town as part of our 2018 tour.
“2018 is a big celebration year for circus as it’s the 250th anniversary year of its creation right here in Great Britain. Because of this we hope to generate extra publicity for each town we visit. (We do have a great PR company working for us – Bridge Marketing who have supported us on the last 2 tours)
Unlike most circuses we don’t have lots of big trucks; our complete show, tent and all is transported in 2 vans. Our tent is 15 meters in diameter and meets all relevant safety standards.
We seat 150 people in our little big top and have an amazingly high quality show with top acts from around the world. It’s like Billy Smarts Circus but intimate.
The dates we would like to visit would be from Monday 26th March until Sunday 1st April.
We would set up on the Monday with our first show commencing Wednesday at 5pm with the last show starting 2pm on Sunday.
We have all the relevant insurance, risk assessment and safety certificate documentation available.”