- Letter of thanks from the Royal British Legion Club – Brightlingsea, thanking the council for its extra grant to cover the extra costs incurred in maintaining the Memorial Gardens in Victoria Place.
- Notification that the Council member elected to the Essex County Council Local Highways Panel was Council Frank Belgrove. (Copied to Councillor Block).
- Notification of the Provisional Tax Base and Grant for 2019-2020 from Tendring District Council. (Copied to Councillor Steady).
- Notification of the Draft Maldon District Skills Strategy consultation, which runs from 25th October and closes on 6th December 2018 at 4pm and the Maldon District council Homeless and Housing Strategy consultation, which runs from 15th November 2018 and closes on 27th December 2018 at 5pm.
- Copy of the Autumn/Winter 2018 edition of the Friends of Fields in Trust Newsletter.
- Copy of the Essex Future Library Services Strategy 2019-2024, together with the consultation summary and survey form.
- Notification that the Grant application for the Community Initiatives Fund for 2018/2019 was unsuccessful. (Copied to Councillor J Chapman and Grounds Manager.)
- Copy of the Friends of Historic Essex Newsletter – Autumn 2018.
- Notification from Maldon District Council of the Draft Maldon District Green Infrastructure Strategy – Supplementary Planning Document.
- Notification from Tendring District Council of the Recycling Credits for the Community Centre Recycling Site. The amount generated is £86.63.
- Notification from the Essex Playing Fields that Brightlingsea Town Council was awarded the following certificates:-
- Certificate of Merit – For the Best Kept Football Pitch – Class 6
- Certificate of Merit – Children’s Playgrounds whether on or off playing fields, but judged apart from any playing field on which the are situated – Regent Road Play Area – Class 3 – Silver Award
- Certificate of Merit – Cricket Ground on which a winter game may or may not be played – Class 4
- Certificate of Merit – Playing fields serving a population of 2,500 or more – Bayard Recreation Ground– Class 1
- Copy of the Essex Playing Fields Annual Review Report and Accounts 2018.
- E-mail update from Essex Police on Operation Quasar
CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Tendring Community Safety Partnership – Days of Action. The Tendring Community Safety Partnership are encouraging local community groups in Tendring to plan and host their own Community Day of Action aimed at tackling local issues of concern. The closing date for bids to be submitted is 31/01/2019.