- Copy of the Planning Permission, granted by Tendring District Council, to Extend and refurbish the kiosk to create a community cafe at the Lido Kiosk, Promenade Way, Brightlingsea. (Copied to Councillor Barry).
- Notification from Essex County Council of works taking place in Bateman Road. This work is by Anglian Water who undertakes repair works to collapsed sewer underneath carriageway. This work commenced on 8th April 2019and is in force for up to 21 days (It is estimated to be completed on 17th April 2019). (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification from Essex County Council of closure of Richard Avenue and Edward Avenue, due to commence on 15th April for 1 day. This is due to Machine Surfacing 2019/20. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the EALC Funding Bulletin for April 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the EALC E Bulletin for w/c 1st April 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Essex Highways “Highways Highlights” for March 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the EALC County Update, Special Edition No. 177, which listed details on the Essex county Council Community Initiatives fund – April 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the RCCE Essex Warbler, Volume 20: April 2019. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the Fields in Trust Annual General meeting, which will be held on Tuesday 4th June 2019 at 1.30pm, at the Fields in Trusts Office, Unit 2D Woodstock Studios, 36 Woodstock Grove, London W12 8LE.
- Copy of the Affiliation details for CVST for 2019/2020.
- Information from Eastern Waste Disposal on its price increases for skips, roll-on/off bins and on tonnage rates, waste input, bulky waste and haulage rates, all general waste. (Copied to Grounds Manager).
- Notification of the Friends of Historic Essex subscription for 2019/2020.
- Notification of the Membership for the Essex Association of Local Councils, and the National Association of Local Councils.
- Copy of the Parish Independent Remuneration Panel Review March 2019 – detailing the recommendations for the payment of allowances by Parish and Town Councils within the Tendring District for the Municipal Year 2019/2020.
- Letter from the Grassroots Charity, asking for Trustees from the Tendring Area. (Leaflets distributed).
- Notification that the parish precept for 2019/2020 will be paid on the 4.4.19 and 3.10.19.
- Letter from the Friends of Historic Essex detailing their activities for 2019.
- Notification from Essex County Council on a one day conference on “Essex on the Edge” – The experience of a country from the Hundred Years’ War to the Dissolution. This conference takes place on Saturday 18th May 2019 at the Essex Record Office, Chelmsford.
- Copy of the Campaign to Protect Rural England – Countryside Voice publication – Spring 2019.
CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 The Brightlingsea Scout Group requests permission to use the Lower Park Playing Fields for its Classic Car Show and Fun Day 2019, on Sunday 1st September from 10am until 5pm. This year will be their 10th show.
They would also like to ask for free parking on day, on the Western Promenade, from Tendring District Council, as in previous years.
2.2 The Brightlingsea Free Music Festival requests permission to use Hurst Green for its event, Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th August 2019.
2.3 Tendring District Council are in the process of putting together a proposal to hold an awareness / fun day on 13th August down Promenade way by the skate park. Tendring Community Safety Partnership are looking at holding an awareness/fun day around Weapons Awareness and will be holding different events across the district throughout that week.
The hope is that we can work together with yourselves to make it a family event whilst having information stalls from partnership organisations on hand to provide advice surrounding the dangers of carrying weapons. Essex Police would also conduct a weapons sweep. Provisional timings would be 10am -2pm.
I will need to get approval from our strategic board in May which when I can then start confirming plans.
2.4 British Telecommunication PCL/Openreach are requesting permission to install 1 Cabinet, 1 Chamber and Approximately 10 metres of duct and all associated cables and fittings opposite of Hall
Farm Cottages, Church Road, Brightlingsea CO7 0RZ (see enclosed drawings) on Town Council land.
2.5 I am writing on behalf of a group of local volunteers who are looking to set up an event in the near future in Brightlingsea.
They would like to run an event called ‘Brightlingsea’s Strongest’ – this would include 3 categories for strongest man, women and person. Strongest man and women will be decided by a process of elimination during various rounds, including an obstacle course and tests of endurance and strength – all will be low risk events and disclaimers will be completed for any entrants.
Strongest person will be entered into by nomination only. People will be asked to write in and nominate who they believe is Brightlingsea’s strongest person and the reasons why. A panel will review all entries and make a collective decision to decide the winner.
Proposed venue – Prom (where car boot sales are held) – there is ample parking, and toilet facilities. Plenty of space to set up an area to hold the events in, with hay bales around the parameter to provide seating. It is hoped there will be local health, wellness and fitness businesses there with stalls to promote their products or services. As well as possible catering facilities (who we would expect to pay for their pitch). Raffles, tombolas etc.
We would also like to invite local dance or cheer groups to perform on the day between rounds.
We intend to ask for a donation of at least 50p per person to be made upon entry.
We are currently gathering volunteers to help set up and run the event.
We are also aware that there is a need for public liability insurance which we are currently looking into.
Proposed date of event – Sunday 15th September 2019.
We are looking to fundraise for the Alzheimer’s Society for this event; however the plan is to run this event yearly and choose a new charity each time.
At this stage I wanted to provide you with an overview of the plans that have currently been discussed, we will obviously be able to go into further specific details once the initial points are covered.