- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- Copy of ‘The Voice of Rural Essex, Oyster’ publication – Issue 40 – Winter 2017.
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea in Bloom for agreeing to renew the two planters in Victoria Gardens.
- Copy of the Bus Passenger News – March/April 2017 from Essex County Council. (Copied to Councillor Dixon).
- Copy of the ‘disturbance forms’ from the Brightlingsea Wildfowlers for last season.
- Notification of Christian Aid Week 14-20th May 2017. They have obtained the necessary permit to make a street collection in Brightlingsea on Friday 19th and Saturday 20th
- Letter of thanks from the Brightlingsea Carnival Association for its grant to re-build the float.
- Copy of a public notice from Essex County Council relating to Footpath 23 – To temporarily close that length of Footpath 23, Brightlingsea in the district of Tendring, from its junction with Robinson Road southbound for a distance of approximately 245 metres to its junction with footpath 10. The closure is scheduled to commence on 24th April 2017 for 6 weeks or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting. The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce while footpath reconstruction works are undertaken. Alternative route will be via Robinson Road and Chapel Road.
- Copy of public notice from Essex County Council:
Effect of the order (1) to temporarily close the various lengths of road in the Tendring district (2) A temporary ‘No stopping’ restriction will be introduced on both sides of carriageway on the above lengths of roads for the duration of the closure to facilitate the works. Signs will be installed indicating when the No Stopping restriction will be in force. The works being undertaken will take place within an 18-month period from 20/04/17.
|Hurst Green, Brightlingsea||Whole length of road from its junction with Chapel Road to its junction with High Street/Mill Street – a distance of approx. 290m||Chapel Road, Red Barn Road, Bateman Road, B1029 Church Road/Ladysmith Avenue/Victoria Place, High Street and Vice Versa|
|High St/Mill St/Freelands, Brightlingsea||From its junction with John Stret to its junction with Lower Farm Lane – a distance of approx.. 1390m||Robinson Road, Chapel Road, Red Barn Road, Bateman Road, B1029 Church Road/Ladysmith Avenue/Victoria Place, High Street and Vice Versa|
|Robinson Road, Brightlingsea||From its junction with Freelands to its junction with Chapel Road – a distance of approx.. 824m||Chapel Road, Hurst Green, Mill Street and Vice Versa|
- Information from the EALC on its services and support for Councils, together with a letter from its Chairman, John Gili-Ross.
- Copy of the Essex County Council Transport Representative Meetings for June 2017. (Copied to Councillor Dixon).
- Highways Enquiries – Contact Us. The following e-mail has been received from Essex County Council:-
“As you may be aware the Highway.email@example.com email address is closing from 19 April 2017 following the introduction of the improved Highways ‘Tell Us’ and ‘Check a Query’ web tools.
Although, we will no longer be offering a dedicated email address for Highway Enquiries, you can continue to contact us online in one of the following ways:
- To report a new highway issue to us you should complete our online form to tell us
(Please do not use other websites to report highway issues to us as these are not recorded into our system).
- To review the status of a previously reported highway issues, by either a reference number or searching the location, use check a query
- Highways have also produced a ‘how to’ video to help people who may not be too familiar using the web tools. You can see the film by clicking on the following link How to report a pothole and other highway issues in Essex
- To tell us about a compliment, comment and complaint
- For Freedom of Information requests
If you currently use or sign post enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org please can I ask you to redirect these to one of the above options. Anything sent after the 19 April 2017 will not be received or responded to.”
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
- The 4th Brightlingsea Scout Group requests permission to hold its Classic Car Show and Fun Day on Lower Park Recreation Ground on Sunday 3rd September 2017 from 10am – 5pm. They also ask for free parking on the car park next to the swimming pool, for the visitors to show to park on.
- Electoral Review of Tendring : Draft Recommendations – consultation closes 8.5.17. The recommendation is that Tendring’s 48 Councillors should represent eleven single-councillor wards, eleven two-councillor wards and five three-councillor wards across the district. Brightlingsea remains a three councillor ward.
- Brightlingsea Cricket Club would like to hold a private party for members and guests at the club, with their marquee and live music on Saturday 13th May 7.00pm to 11.45pm.
- Brightlingsea Carnival Association would like to hold a car boot sale on the Western Promenade on Sunday 17th September 2017.
- Brightlingsea Community Association would like to hold Table Top Sales, with some located outside if the weather permits on Saturday 20th May, 15th July, 19th August, 16th September and 21st
- Essex County Council have sent through details on a pre application regarding ESS/09/17/TEN/PRE – Brightlingsea Quarry, Moverons Lane, Brightlingsea. Observations are requested within 14 days.