- Brightlingsea Christmas Mini Market – is being held in the Victoria Place Car Park on Friday 3rd December 2021. The mini market would run from 2pm until 5.30pm.and the organisers have agreed with TDC for the car park to be closed from 9am until 18.30 hrs to allow for set up and strip down of the stalls. The request for the Council is:-
- Use of the Parish Hall to provide toilet access and use of the kitchen for the Rotary Club to run (unfortunately the Hall is already booked out to another organisation on that afternoon).
- Morris Dancers performing on the pathways through Victoria Gardens.
Regarding parking for visitors – they will promote the use of Promenade Way and if needed the Promenade Way Car Park. Please note the grass car park is closed from 30th September.
- Hare and Tortoise Running Event – Remembrance Sunday 14/11/21 – Permission has already been given by the Town Council, however they are now asking the following:-
“Following on from your confirmation for the event in November for Remembrance Sunday, we have a request that I feel needs to be put to you as the Town Council.
The charity we are supporting is a local military charity based in Colchester called the Airborne Gunner Trust, formed by 7Para Royal Horse Artillery.
They will have runners in attendance for the event, and have offered to start the event with a light artillery gun. This would be a blank round, obviously. The intention as in past years is that we will have the last post played live, and then if we are able to gain your approval, the race will then be started with the light gun firing a single blank round. The gun would be operated by a fully trained artillery crew, in complete safety, and having discussed the operation with the charity and 7RHA, they are able to submit the relevant paperwork in terms of their operations, as they would do when they carry out their royal engagements such as salutes for similar occasions, for example the firing of the light guns locally in Castle Park, Colchester.
I thought this may be something the committee may wish to discuss, and to that end having discussed it with 7RHA they would be more than happy to come and discuss the process a and give a little more information at a committee meeting or otherwise, should you feel it necessary.
It would certainly be an incredibly pertinent and respectful way to mark the start of the event, on an hugely important day for us all.
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.”
- The Essex Group of the Motor Caravanners Club would like to hold its 2022 rally on Lower Park Playing Fields on 29th April to 2nd May 2022 and 24th to 30th August (August Bank Holiday).