- Next full Council meeting 25 March. 19.30 hrs. Agenda available on line.
- Next Cabinet meeting 21 March 10.30 hrs. Agenda available on line
- Possible Credit Union for Tendring (& Brightlingsea) residents
- TDC behind target for recycling, waste tonnage collected & Fly Tipping response.
- TDC ahead of target for Leisure Centres finance, missed bins, completion new homes,
- Within the budget it is proposed that 3 PCSO’s are appointed for the district. Be interesting to see how we can gain access for Brightlingsea if needed.
- The free parking initiative will continue for another year and discs sent out with rate demands.
- Voucher for one free visit to attend and TDC sports/leisure facilities sent with rates bills.
- As always I would be interested to hear from any Councillors or residents with ideas about generating and saving money in the district. The cabinet meet informally every week as well as formally every 3 / 4 weeks and I will be pleased to represent any views which have merit.
- Work from Tendring staff at Western Prom appears to have been appreciated by all beach hut owners. Many months of work ahead. Vivienne may have more updates.
- Vivien worked especially hard to ensure electricity provided and toilets opened with aid of assistant over last weekend. A bit like Frinton toilets! Only a bit!
- Mar 6. Attended Locality Board as cabinet member. Good opportunity to meet and share ideas with some Essex County Councillors and other local Town & parish Councils. They share many of same issues. Next meeting May 29 2014.
- Councillor Alan Goggin
Attended a Human Resources meeting on 25th February where Cllr R Callender was made chairman and Cllr Griffiths was voted as vice chair.
We had a report of the Corporate Director (Corporate Services). Which provide the details of the recent staff survey. There is no long term sick and staff off with stress related illness has decreased.
Pay Policy statement. The pay policy statement will be presented to council on March 26th with the changes, that TDC remove a further spinal column point in the NJC scales and pay starts at scale 8. Last year they removed points 4-7. This equates to £6.90 per hour.
No smoking policy update. TDC issued a no smoking policy in 2007 but the use of electronic cigarettes has increased. “E-cigarettes” are battery powered cigarettes that release a visible vapour of liquid nicotine, the BMA advises that employers protect others from being exposed to e-cigarettes vapours and have recommended to full council that these become part of the no smoking policy.
Councillor Jayne Chapman