- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Letter from the Brightlingsea Bowls Club asking for possible grant. (Copied to Councillor Barry).
- Copy of the Tree Preservation Order from Tendring District Council for Love Lane, Brightlingsea, 15/00010/TPO. (Copied to Terry Hamilton – Tree Warden for Brightlingsea).
- Letter of thanks from a Brightlingsea Resident, who attended an interview for the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Position. (Copied to Councillor J Chapman).
- Letter from Tendring District Council on its Tree Planting Grants Programme for 2015/2016. All application are to be received by 30th October 2015. (Copied to Terry Hamilton).
- Notification of the EALC 70th Annual General Meeting taking place on the 24th September 2015. (Copied to Councillor V Chapman).
- Copy of The Yardstick publication. (Journal of the British Weights and Measures Association) – August 2015
- Notice of the SLCC (Society of Local Council Clerks) Annual General Meeting – taking place on Friday 16th October in Leicestershire.
- Letter from the Essex Air Ambulance asking if the Council can consider making a grant towards the life-saving work of the Essex Air Ambulance. (Copy to Finance Committee).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Churches Together in Brightlingsea would like to initiate a Town wide refugee relief effort, this would be financial only. They are concerned with the refugee situation and would like to give the people of Brightlingsea the opportunity to donate/give. The Salvation Army would be willing to administer any resulting funds, using their experienced people already working in many of the affected countries. They would like Councils approval and support on this.
2.2 Tendring District Council are carrying out a consultation on the Proposal on the provision of court and tribunal estate in England and Wales. Any comments need to be received by TDC by 24th September. (Letter circulated to all councillors).
Next Councillor Surgery:10th October 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors V Chapman and I Block)