Q1)      Richard Price – As you know the keep left signs on Brightlingsea Road, Thorrington are in a bad way and are horizontal. I did speak to Roger Lord about this. Can you please take this up with Essex County Council?

A1)      The Mayor replied yes, we will contact Essex County Council about this.


Q2)      Sue Cook – Further to last nights events, does the council think policing on the cheap is really working? Is there anything we can do?

A2)      The Mayor replied that she should come along to the public meeting and ask the question.   Councillor J Chapman said that Dan Heard had offered to take the meeting as no Sergeant or Superintendent was available, but he was told he was not qualified enough.


Q3)      Mr Cook – Barclays in Colchester is to close from the 15th November until the 9th December for modernisation.


Q4)      Mrs House – Did our CCTV in the town centre point the right way for the incident?

A4)      Councillor J Chapman replied that the CCTV has not been working/monitored at the council office for some time, and Careline were made aware of this. However, the incident was covered by the CCTV at Spirals, Tesco and Lloyds Bank.


Q5)      Mrs House – I appreciate many of our pot holes have been filled but the path outside 20 John Street is in a terrible state. Also the pot hole on the corner of Marennes Crescent and Manor House Way has been there for months.

A5)      Councillor J Chapman replied that a lady had recently fallen over on the pavement in John Street and had broken her wrist.


Q6)      Mike Andre – With the wet weather there is a nasty flood on the Back Waterside Lane Footpath. I have spent most of the day clearing the water. There is a pipe there, but it looks partially blocked. Has Mill Farm been sold? If so can the new farmer be informed that one member of public is willing to help with the drainage problem?

A6)      Councillor Edey said she would look into this.


Q7)      Mrs House – can a sensor light be installed into the car park for when meetings take place. It is very dark?

A7)      The Mayor replied that a light would be looked into, one which can be switched on and off.

Report Potholes

Essex County Council is responsible for highways in and around Brightlingsea. Report potholes directly here.


Most articles on this site feature a "Listen" button - when clicked you will hear the text read back. Make sure your speakers are on and the volume is turned up.


FixMyStreet directs reports of problems with your street, such as failed streetlights, to the correct local authority department.

Discover Brightlingsea

Read the annual town guide produced by the Town Council. 

© Brightlingsea Town Council 2011 – .
Site designed and maintained by Big Red Web Design. Webmaster.

© Brightlingsea Town Council 2011 – .
Site designed and maintained by Big Red Web Design. Webmaster.