BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the on-line Planning Committee Meeting held on
Thursday 28th May 2020 at 7.30 p.m.
B Smith (Chairman)
J Chapman (Vice Chairman)
M Barry, J Carr, J Howard, M Judson and G Steady
001. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: None received.
002. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 14TH MAY 2020:
The Minutes of the meeting held on the 14th May 2020 were approved as a true record of the meeting.
003. DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
004. TO MAKE RECOMMENDAIONS IN RESPECT OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL UP TO AND INCLUDING 28TH MAY 2020:
Application No: CC/TEN/59/20/PRE – Demolition of the existing caretaker’s house and modular store. Construction of a 2 storey standalone building comprising 12 no. classrooms, toilet facilities, storage areas & plant room to facilitate the expansion of the school by 2FE (300 pupils). Construction of an external corridor to link to the existing school. Loss of 14 existing car parking spaces – The Colne Community School & College, Church Road, Brightlingsea CO7 0QL
Brightlingsea Town Council makes the following comments to the above application:-
- The Council excepts the need for the development but express concern at the loss of 14 car parking spaces.
- The Council suggests the building should be in the same architectural style and materials as the adjoining block.
- The Council will comment further when the full application is submitted.
- The Council would like additional information with regard to impact on adjoining residents.
005. TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE ‘FOR INFORMATION ONLY’:
Application No: 20/00437/HHPNOT – Proposed single storey flat roof rear extension 5.5m deep, 3m wide and 2.8m high – 6 Sarre Way, Brightlingsea
This application was noted.
006. CLOSE OF MEETING:
There being no further business to discuss the Meeting closed at 7.49 p.m.
Received by Council on: Approved by Committee on:
Signed by Chair: Signed by Chair: