BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the on-line Planning Committee Meeting held on
Thursday 3rd September 2020 at 9.30 a.m.
B Smith (Chairman)
J Chapman (Vice Chairman)
M Barry and G Steady
Also in attendance:
Julie Crittenden (Administrative Assistant)
037. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Councillor Carr and Councillor Howard.
038. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 19TH AUGUST 2020:
The Minutes of the meeting held on the 19th August 2020 were approved as a true record of the meeting.
039. DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
The Chairman reminded Members to declare interests when necessary.
040. TO MAKE RECOMMENDAIONS IN RESPECT OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO TENDRING DISTRICT COUNCIL UP TO AND INCLUDING 19TH AUGUST 2020:
The following applications had been received by Tendring District Council:
Application No: 20/01079/TCA – 1 Sycamore – Remove – Land rear of 1 to 3 Queen Street, Brightlingsea
Object ✓Support Neutral
Reason for comment:
✓Makes observations on the application – Brightlingsea Town Council supports this application,
subject to TDC’s Tree Officer’s observations.
No comment on the application
No objection to the application
Objects to application
041. TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION WHICH IS ‘FOR INFORMATION ONLY’:
Application No: 20/01088/HHPNOT – Erection of single storey flat roof rear extension, 6m depth, eaves height of 2.7m and maximum height of 3.20m – 22 Ladysmith Avenue, Brightlingsea
This application was noted.
042. ALRESFORD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN:
A copy of an e-mail by William Fuller BA (Hons) MSc – Planning Officer at Tendring District Council concerning the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan, had been copied to all members. After discussion it was agreed that:-
- A hard copy of the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan to be circulated to members, to make comments, before a discussion take place..
Members also discussed and agreed the following:-
- Expressions of interest for a working party/steering group to work with councillors on a Town Plan, to be included on the Council web-site.
- A map to be produced, showing all the Councils assets and footpaths. This map to be placed in a Perspex frame on the side of the building, for public access.
- To look into the possibility of employing a qualified Town Planner/Consultant, to advise on the professional side of things, so Councillors can make better judgements in the future.
043. NORTH ESSEX LOCAL PLAN – SECTION 1 PROPOSED MAIN MODIFICATIONS:
A copy of an e-mail by Gary Guiver BSc(Hons) PGDipTP MRTPI MBA – Assistant Director of Strategic Planning and Place at Tendring District Council concerning the Public Consultation: North Essex Local Plan – Section 1 Proposed Main Modifications had been copied to all members.
After discussion it was agreed that an informal meeting (following Government Guidelines)
would be arranged for 2/3 weeks time, at the Parish Hall, so a broader discussion could be held.
Councillor Chapman left the meeting at 10.05 a.m.
044. CLOSE OF MEETING:
There being no further business to discuss the Meeting closed at 10.06 a.m.
Received by Council on: Approved by Committee on:
Signed by Chair: Signed by Chair: