- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Letter of thanks from the Brightlingsea Carnival Association for their additional grant
- Copy of The Voice of Rural Essex Oyster Publication, Issue 38, Autumn 2015.
- Letter of thanks from Family Support – Brightlingsea for their annual and additional grant.
- Letter of thanks from All Saints’ with St James’ Brightlingsea for their additional grant.
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea in Bloom for its additional grant.
- Thanks received from the YMCA for their additional grant.
- Notification of the Essex Police Announcements, and copy of the New Community Policing Team for Tendring. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification from Anglian Water of some upcoming sewer rehabilitation works in Brightlingsea. The work will mostly consist of relining works which means they only require access from manholes. If they find this to be the most suitable solution for a sewer, then works should only last between 1-2 days.
Some of the sewers however, require further surveying works before they can confirm a solution, although it is likely that the solution will be to reline to sewer, if the sewer is deemed to be very poor structural condition it may be necessary to excavate and replace a section of the sewer.
The streets that they will be working in are:
Church Road, Samson’s Road, Spring Chase, Colne Road, B1029 New Street, Tower Street and Mill Street
It is planned to carry out and complete these works before Christmas 2015.
- Letter from the 4th Brightlingsea Scout Group requesting possible funding for its 2016 Classic Car Show & Fun Day. (Passed to the Finance Committee for action).
- Copy of the Brightlingsea Allotment Holders Society Newsletter for September 2015. (Copied to Councillor Steady).
- Notification of the Essex Playing Fields Annual General Meeting, with copy of their Annual Review Report and Accounts 2015. (AGM being held on Thursday 15th October).
- Information from ‘FIT’ Fields in Trust including member benefits and their Autumn Newsletter.
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Tendring District Council recently held two planning training sessions on the 14th and 24th September, and have arranged a further date for those who were unable to attend these sessions. The new date is Wednesday 25th November 10am until 12 noon in the Council Chamber at Weeley Council Offices. If anyone would like to attend, please let me know.
2.2 Permission has already been given for EEDA (East Essex District Association of the Camping and Caravan Club) to use the Lower Park Playing Fields for its rally on the 26th -29th August. They are now asking if they can start the rally earlier on either Wednesday 24th at around 4pm or in the morning of Thursday 25th August.
2.3 4th Brightlingsea Scout Group requests permission to use the Lower Park Playing Fields on Sunday 4th September 2016 for its Classic Car Show and Fun Day. They intend to set up the main bulk of the day on the Saturday, with stall holders and classic cars having entry to the field from 7.30am on the day. They are also planning a reunion party on the Saturday evening with an outside bar and DJ playing music, with this event going on until 11pm. They will apply for all the necessary licenses. They would also like, if possible, for car parking on the Western Promenade be available for free parking, as in previous years. (This is advertised in their fliers and a factor that brings in the visitors to their event).
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:14th November 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillor V Chapman)