- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Notification from County Councillor Goggin of the Highways Panel meeting taking place on Thursday 22nd October including copies of the Tending Panel Papers and minutes of the last meeting. (Circulated to all Councillors)
- Notification of closure of Footpath 34 – from a point approximately 1500 metres north of Promenade Way to a point approximately 100 metres south of Alresford Creek. The closure is scheduled to take place between 1st November 2015 and 30th April 2016 (exact dates will be notified on site approx. 2 weeks prior to star date).
- Information from County Councillor Goggin on the Essex County Council recommendations to Tendring District Council on local planning applications, including refusal on the Berriff Place Application. (Copies to all Councillors).
- Information from the RCCE on Community Agents Essex one year on – a success story!
- Copy of the Friends of Historic Essex Newsletter – Autumn 2015.
- Letter of thanks from the Brightlingsea Free Music Festival for the Town Council,s support.
- Letter of apology from Richard Price for his behaviour at the Council Meeting held on the 15th October 2015.
- Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin 8th-13th October (circulated to all Councillors).
- Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin 15th-21th October (circulated to all Councillors).
- Information from County Councillor Goggin on the Local Highways Panel, including a flowchart detailing how the system works. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of a Public Meeting with Councillor Rodney Bass, MP’s Will Quince & Bernard Jenkin to discuss the state of the roads and maintenance on Saturday 28th November 10am-12noon in the Main Hall, Stanway Village Hall, Villa Road, Colchester CO3 0RH. For more information contact: Drive@a-drive.co.uk (circulated to all members).
- Copy of a the ’Elder Abuse for Essex’’ newsletter, circulated by Crime Stoppers. (Circulated to all members).
- E-Mail from the Business Association stating that they are worried that the shops are shutting on different days throughout the week and the repercussion of this is Lloyds Bank are now closing on a Wednesday all day and closing half an hour earlier the rest of the week.
- Information from County Councillor Goggin on the Tendring Potential Schemes Report – Traffic Management. This report includes the following:
Location Description Problem
Church Road, B’Sea Assessment for possible pedestrian crossing Concerns raised by the Crossing Colne Community School in terms of speed or traffic and for students crossing the road
Bateman Road, B’Sea Possible pedestrian refuge Bateman Road is very wide and students are experiencing difficulty in safely crossing the road
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Headway Essex would like to hold the Brightlingsea Dogathon (sponsored walk & fun dog show) on the 28th February 2016 on the Promenade at the seafront (behind the beach huts to the right of the swimming pool) The dog walk would start there and walk up to the side of the old railway line and back again. They would then put a ring together to hold the fun dog show.
They have spoken with Tendring District Council who are happy for them to hold the event. All proceeds from the event will go to Headway Essex.
2.2 A request has been received from Shelly Gould to erect a Marquee on Hurst Green on Saturday 18th June 2016 for a 30th Birthday Party.
2.3 The Brightlingsea Infant and Junior Schools are holding a Christmas Fete on Friday 27th November and have asked if the school teachers could park on the car park at Lower park Playing Fields, (they are having fair rides (tea cups etc) on the school car park area).
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:5th December 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Dixon and Russell)