BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee held at the Parish Hall, Victoria Place,
Brightlingsea, Essex on
Thursday 29th October 2015 at 7.30 p.m.
D Dixon (Chairman)
I Block, J Chapman, D Ingate,
J Russell and G Steady
- APOLOGIES: Councillor V Chapman.
- CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 15TH OCTOBER 2015:
The Minutes of the meeting held on the 15th October 2015 were approved as a true record of the meeting.
- DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The following applications had been received by Tendring District Council:
Application No: 15/01555/FUL – First floor infill to rear of property (amendment to planning consent 14/01926/FUL) – Wheatfield, Church Road, Brightlingsea
Application No: 15/01529/FUL – Variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) of planning permission 14/01745/FUL – 13-15 Western Road, Brightlingsea
Recommend Approval – no problem
Application No: 15/01545/FUL – Outbuilding/garage – 73 Tower Street, Brightlingsea
Recommend Approval, but due care be taken should there be unlawful use
Application No: 15/01490/FUL – Demolition of existing sub-standard cat pens and erection of 8 new pens and food preparation area – Brightlingsea Boarding Kennels and Cattery, Folkards Lane, Brightlingsea
Recommend Approval, a vast improvement on what is there
Application No: 15/01516/FUL – Removal of existing conservatory and low level roofing to allow for new garden room with covered seating area, new utility area to the side/rear. First floor window to be replaced with French doors and Juliet balcony – Paxton Dene, Church Road, Brightlingsea
Application No: 15/01328/FUL – The demolition of existing structures and the erection of buildings E, F, I, J and M, for a mixed use development comprising 53 residential units, car parking, cycle storage, soft and hard landscaping, associated amenity space and refuse and recycling provision – Former James & stone Shipyard, Waterside, Brightlingsea
Brightlingsea Town Council are pleased to see this development completed but have the following concerns:
We are concerned about garages onto the main road. Would it be possible for the garages in Block M to be removed as extra parking is being provided in the car park. Have they consulted Essex County Highways about access to and egress from proposed garages on Waterside Road.
Following the public consultation the following comments were received by members of the public:
- Loss of parking on Waterside Road
- Don’t like the garages on front, to look at possibility of putting garage doors at the back and entrance from the garden.
- Too high particularly on corner of Fieldgate Dock. ( most comments on height ) Footpath will be restricted and several dropped curbs to allow garage entrance Drainage in Fieldgate Dock Speed to be restricted along Waterside as cars would need to reverse out of garages onto main road.
- Several comments about it needs to be finished but not at the height they want.
- CLOSE OF MEETING:
There being no further business to discuss the Meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.
Received by Council on: 19th November 2015 Approved by Committee on: 12th November 2015
Signed by Chair: Signed by Chair: