Minutes of the Planning Committee held at the Parish Hall, Victoria Place,
Brightlingsea, Essex on
Thursday 23rd January 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
D Dixon (Chairman)
V Chapman (Vice Chairman)
I Block, C Olivier, J Russell
Councillor J Chapman for G Mann
75. APOLOGIES: Councillors Edey and Mann.
76. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 9TH JANUARY 2014:
The Minutes of the meeting held on the 9th January 2014 were approved as a true record of the meeting.
77. DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
None were declared.
78. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The following applications had been received by Tendring District Council:
13/01470/FUL – Erection of 77 no. dwellings together with garages, access roads, parking, fencing, walling, public open space, landscaping, drainage, highways infrastructure and other ancillary works – Land South West of Robinson Road, Brightlingsea
Brightlingsea Town Council, whilst accepting the overall scheme, suggest that TDC Planning Department, go back to Hopkins Homes to re-negotiate, following the points raised at this meeting.
The following are the points which were raised at the meeting:
- TDC would like to see a terrace of four small dwellings r
- ather than a block of flats.
- Also move open space to opposite side.
- Footpath is to have a close-boarded fence on either side. Take one fence down.
- Might need to reduce number of affordable units.
- At the moment too much adverse impact on Granville Way.
- Re-routing of public footpath would be very difficult to achieve. Change lay-out. Widen footpath.
- Hopkins Homes jumped the gun. Surprising, bearing in mind all consultation.
- Ideally TDC would like to buy affordable units from Developer (15). Risk that they’ll take out affordable units when sums re-done and won’t build them – has happened elsewhere.
- If Hopkins Homes had waited for LDF to be completed, would be a different story re. Planning permission.
13/01478/FUL – New replacement two storey teaching block (following demolition of existing demountable classroom) –The Colne Community School, Church Road, Brightlingsea
13/01460/ADV – Proposed shop signage: 3 No. fascia, 1 No. projecting sign –East of England Co-operative Society, 25-27 Station Road, Brightlingsea
79. CLOSE OF MEETING:
There being no further business to discuss the Meeting closed at 8.15 p.m.