BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee held at the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea, Essex on Thursday 22nd July 2010 at 7.30 p.m.
D Dixon (Chairman)
J Russell (Vice Chairman)
M Beckwith, I Block, M Holding, G Mann, G Steady
Also in attendance:
J Chapman, V Chapman, A Goggin, K Yallop
560. APOLOGIES: None received.
561. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 8TH JULY 2010:
The Minutes of the 8th July 2010 are approved as a true record of the meeting.
562. DECLARATION OF PERSONAL & PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS:
None were declared.
563. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The following applications had been received by Tendring District Council:
10/00743/FUL Roundwood Restorations, Brightlingsea Water Tower, Church Road, Brightlingsea – Demolition of the existing Water Tower and machinery replaced with development of 11 houses on the old Water Tower site, Church Road, Brightlingsea
Brightlingsea Town Council consider this application to be a great improvement on the previous applications and have no objection to this one but would like the District Council to take into consideration the following observations (that include representations of local residents):-
• The non hazardous removal of the Water Tower.
• There could be serious traffic problems due to car parking in Church Road.
• The sight of dwellings at three stories is too tall.
• The hedgeline should be lengthened along Lodge Road to the south western corner to improve landscaping and screening.
• The hedgeline along Church Road in front of the dwelling facing the road would improve the street scene, landscaping and improve the problem of overlooking.
• The nearby residents would like prior notification as to when this development is likely to start please.
10/00765/FUL Mrs & Mrs Nick Green, Field House, Church Road, Brightlingsea – Demolish existing flat roofed utility/laundry room and build new single storey pitched roofed side extension
564. CLOSE OF MEETING:
There being no further business to discuss the Meeting closed at 7.59 p.m.