BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Council Meeting held at The Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on: Thursday 19th November 2009 at 7.30 p.m.
J Chapman (Mayor)
M Holding (Deputy Mayor)
J Aldridge, M Beckwith, I Block,
V Chapman (8.17 pm onwards), D Dixon, A Goggin (7.50 pm onwards),
G Mann, J Russell, G Steady and K Yallop
Tracey Pulford –Secretary to the Town Council
113. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr V Chapman will be late as she is chairing a planning meeting at Tendring District Council, Cllr Goggin will be a few minutes late and County Councillor Robinson.
114. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 15TH OCTOBER 2009 AND CONFIRM AS A CORRECT RECORD:
The Minutes were accepted as a true record.
115. MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
A copy of the Mayor’s Announcements is annexed to the Minutes.
116. QUESTIONS UNDER SO 10(2):
117. DECLARATION OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTERESTS:
The Mayor reminded Members to declare interests when necessary.
118. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THOSE MEMBERS EXAMINING THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE CURRENT PERIOD:
The Accounts for the period ending October 2009 were proposed by Cllr Beckwith as follows:
General Account Cheque No’s 704441 – 704466 in the sum of £31,167.11 for payment
Bank Balances – All accounts – in the sum of £288,119.30
Salaries paid for the month of October were £8,262.53
Seconded by Cllr Aldridge. Agreed.
Cllr Steady asked about cheque number 704450, and Cllr J Chapman asked about cheque number 704447. Cllr Beckwith replied that Broxap was for a picnic table and the Audit Commission was for the 2007/08 audit.
119. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE MEETING HELD ON 26TH OCTOBER AND 12TH NOVEMBER 2009 AND CONFIRM THE RECOMMENDATIONS THEREIN:
Cllr Block proposed the minutes of the meetings held on the 26th October and 12th November 2009 be agreed and the following recommendations are accepted:
• Lisa Mallison and Chris MacDonald both join the pension scheme
• The comments in the External Auditors Certificate and Opinion for the 2007/08 Accounts are noted
• Other options of repairs the Mayors Chain be looked into, due to the financial costs and also try and source the repairs locally.
120. COUNTY COUNCILLOR ROBINSON:
County Councillor Robinson was absent from the meeting and had not submitted a report.
121. TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC:
A copy of the Questions from the Public is annexed to the Minutes.
Cllr Goggin here joined the meeting at 7.50 pm
122. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING MEETINGS HELD ON 15TH OCTOBER AND 12TH NOVEMBER 2009 AND TO NOTE PLANNING DECISIONS OF TENDRING DISTRICT COUNCIL:
Cllr Dixon proposed that the recommendations in the Minutes of the 15th October and 12th November 2009 be agreed by Council, together with the planning decisions from TDC. Seconded by Cllr Holding.
123. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM MEMBERS WITH SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Further to the written reports:-
Cllr Aldridge – Asked if on the Town Council Web-site we could put on there what the Council does, as she was asked why she allowed Cedrics to come into the Town and also why she had not sorted out the Colne Community School. Cllr Goggin noted this.
Community Parking Initiative – Held a meeting earlier today with Tendring District Council, the Police, Councillors, Staff and some members of the public. Ian Taylor gave a presentation on the scheme, which will be launched from 1st December 2009.
Cllr Beckwith – Nothing further to add.
Cllr J Chapman – Reminded Councillors and members of the public that part of the YMCA will have restricted access due to work being carried out.
Holding a coffee morning this Saturday, all money raised will go towards the Mayors Charities.
Cllr Goggin – Nothing further to add.
Cllr Holding – Footpath 14 and the pond –the installation of the footway structure has been delayed 2-3 weeks.
Cllr Mann – Am talking with Kent Blaxill re the materials needed to replace the 90 sheets that are rotting at the side of the pool at the moment.
Cllr Russell – Nothing further to add.
Cllr Steady – The River Authorities are carrying out a survey on Warrens Pond tomorrrow.
Cllr Yallop – Nothing further to add.
124. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM MEMBER REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE BODIES:
Further to the written reports:-
Cllr Goggin invited all Councillors to attend the meeting on the 3rd December 2009 re the presentation from the Museum.
125. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:
Cllr Block asked if the visits by the Chairman of Tendring District Council would be continuing. Cllr Goggin replied that he did not know.
126. TO RECEIVE THE SECRETARY’S REPORT:
The report was noted.
127. PART ‘B’
MOTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100a (4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 – TO DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING:
(A) TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PART B MEETING HELD ON THE 15TH OCTOBER 2009 AND CONFIRM AS A CORRECT RECORD
(B) TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE PART B MINUTES FROM THE EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THE 4TH NOVEMBER 2009 AND CONFIRM AS A CORRECT RECORD
(C) PROPERTY UPDATE
(D) CAR PARKS