BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Council Meeting held at The Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on: Thursday 15th November 2012 at 7.30 p.m.
K Yallop (Mayor)
I Block (Deputy Mayor)
J Aldridge, J Chapman, V Chapman, D Dixon,
A Goggin, C Olivier, J Russell and G Steady
Tracey Pulford –Town Clerk
5 Members of the public
117. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: County Councillor Derek Robinson.
118. TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 18TH OCTOBER 2012 AND CONFIRM AS A CORRECT RECORD:
The Minutes were accepted as a true record.
119. MAYOR’S ANNOUNCMENTS:
Copy of the Mayor’s Announcements is annexed to the Minutes.
The Mayor thanked Councillors for their help at her recent coffee morning, which raised £381.00 for the Mary Barron Chemotherapy Suite.
120. QUESTIONS UNDER SO 9(2):
121. DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
The Mayor reminded Members to declare interests when necessary.
122. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THOSE MEMBERS EXAMINING THE ACCOUNTS FOR THE CURRENT PERIOD:
The Payments and Accounts for the period ending October 2012 (as shown on the attached appendix) were proposed by Cllr Block as follows:
General Account Cheque No’s 705404 – 705436 in the sum of £12,411.77 for payment
Bank Balances – All Accounts – in the sum of £293,436.38
Employee payments paid for the month of October were £11,193.64
Seconded by Cllr Aldridge. Agreed.
123. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE MEETING HELD ON 24TH OCTOBER AND 8TH NOVEMBER 2012 AND TO CONFIRM THE RECOMMENDATIONS THEREIN:
Councillor Block proposed the Minutes are accepted as a true record. Seconded by Councillor J Chapman. Agreed.
124. COUNTY COUNCILLOR ROBINSON:
County Councillor Robinson was absent from the meeting, and had submitted no report.
125. TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC:
These questions are annexed to the Minutes.
126. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING MEETINGS HELD ON 18TH OCTOBER AND 1ST NOVEMBER 2012 AND TO NOTE PLANNING DECISIONS OF TENDRING DISTRICT COUNCIL:
Councillor Dixon proposed that the recommendations in the Minutes of 18th October and 1st November 2012 be agreed by Council, together with the planning decisions from TDC. Agreed.
127. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM MEMBERS WITH SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Further to the written reports:-
Councillor V Chapman – Terry Hamilton and I have attended two assemblies at the Junior School to talk about new play equipment in Pawsons Playground. The Children were very enthusiastic and would like to be involved in any playground projects.
She then mentioned the Cedrics bus service and that one driver told a passenger that he was not travelling, but going home and they would have to wait for another bus. Also Cedrics are leaving earlier than their timetable.
Councillor Olivier – The Clacton bus is maintaining its schedule. The drivers of both the Hedingham and Go Ride buses get very irritated when they can’t pull into a bus stop, when cars are parked in the way.
128. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM MEMBER REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE BODIES:
Further to the written reports:-
Councillor J Chapman mentioned that she had received an invitation to attend a meeting, but unfortunately is unable to attend. Councillors Olivier, Edey and V Chapman all reported that too had received an invitation and they could attend the meeting.
129. TO RECEIVE REPORTS SUBMITTED FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:
There was nothing further to report.
130. TO RECEIVE THE TOWN CLERK’S REPORT:
Councillors J Chapman and Russell both declared an interest in the following item:
2.1 – Agreed The Carnival Association can hold its car boot sales on the Western Promenade on 1st April, 6th May, 27th May, 14th or 28th July, 26th August and 15th September.
131. MOTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS) ACT 1960 – To discuss the following:
(a) To approve the Part B Minutes from the Council meeting held on the 18th October 2012 and confirm as a correct record.
(b) Property Update
(c) Leases/Registrations – Update