- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Consultation update on the Outer Thames Estuary Potential Special Protection area.
The consultation deadline is now 14th July 2016.
- Copy of the Essex Heritage Trust Newsletter dated Spring 2016.
- Information from Essex County Council on ‘Fostering fortnight 2016’ which takes place between 16th and 29th (Poster displayed on notice board).
- Copy of the Coach Monthly Magazine, May 20-16. (Copied to Councillor Yallop).
- Notification of road closure on 31st May 2016 for 1 night between the hours of 20.00 hrs and 23.59 hrs:-
Road: High Street, from its junction with Sydney Street east for a distance of approximately 75 metres
Road: Tower Street, from its junction with Tower Cut, north for a distance of approximately 35 metres to its junction with High Street.
The road closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce while works to replace 2 manhole frames and covers is undertaken by Anglian Water. Access for emergency vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at all times during the closure.
- Notification of the Fields in Trust AGM taking place on Tuesday 7th June 2016 at Gillespie Park Ecology Centre, London.
- Notification of the Planning Permission from Tendring District Council for the placement of a signage column with two finger arms on Council land close to the junction of Lower Park Road and Promenade Way – Brightlingsea Community Centre. (Copied to Grounds Manager).
- Notification of the SLCC (Society of Local Council Clerks) Extraordinary General meeting taking place on Friday 190th June at the Holiday Inn, Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Copy of the CPRE (Campaign to Protect Rural England) Countryside Voice publication, Spring 2016.
- Copy of the EALC’s Legal Newsletter, Issue No. 4. (Circulated to all Councillors).
- Copy of the CTVS Summer Newslink 127 Summer 2016 publication. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the TDALC Annual meeting, being held on 25th May 2016. (Copied to Councillors V Chapman and Russell).
- E-mail from Southend Airport on the proposal to introduce standard instrument departure procedures at London Southend Airport. The consultation closes on the 27th May 2016. (To respond, follow the guidance in the consultation document (Part C, section 19). (Copied to all Councillors).
- CORRESPONDENCE FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR GOGGIN:
- Notification of a footpath closure from Essex County Council, as follows:
Effect of the order: to temporarily close Footpath 2 & 14, Brightlingsea in the District of Tendring as specified:
|Footpath 2, Brightlingsea||From its junction with Church Rd to it junction with Brightlingsea Road..||Footpath south of Church Road to the west of Brightlingsea Road|
|Footpath 14, Brightlingsea||From Brightlingsea Road east crossing FP8 to the road at Great Marsh Farm||Footpath south of Church Road to the west of Brightlingsea Road|
The closures are scheduled to commence on the 16th May 2016 to 1st July 2016 or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting and are required for the safety of the public and workforce while footpath resurfacing works are undertaken.
The Order will come into effect on 16th May 2016 and may continue in force for 6 months, or until the works are finished, whichever is the earlier.
- Information on the Victoria Place – Limited waiting Bays parking restrictions. (E-mail copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of an e-mail sent to Councillor Barry concerning the New Street resurfacing. The e-mail from ECC states:
“Thank you for your email dated 27 April 2016, with regards to New Street, Brightlingsea.
Highways have advised that New Street has been identified for a Capital Maintenance Scheme in the 2015/2016 financial year; which was placed on the reserve list for the recycling programme. The reserve list last year was not progressed however, they were carried forward to this current financial year 2016/2017.
Highways are currently going through a procurement process for a contractor to undertake the recycling programme, due to this there are no specific scheme details as yet and we are unable to confirm dates at this time.”
2.4 Notification of the Locality Board Meeting being held on 12.5.16 at Weeley.
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
- NECC Caravan Club would like to hold a caravan rally on Lower Park Playing Fields on 28th April to 1st May 2017.
- Notification of an Superfast Essex Event – SuperConnected Business Conference taking place on the 7th June 2016 at Chelmsford City Racecourse. (If anyone would like to attend, please let me know). (E-mail circulated to all Councillors).
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:11th June 2016 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Judson and Steady)