- CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED:
- E-mail from Alan Timms, Paralegal of Essex Legal Services, Essex County Council, concerning the Hard.
- Notification of a Tree Preservation Order on the tree at the former Police Station, Station Road, Brightlingsea. (Copied to Terry Hamilton).
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea in Bloom for its Annual Grant.
- Letter of thanks from the Alzheimer’s Society for its recent donation. (Copied to Councillor V Chapman).
- Copy of letters sent to TDC;s Portfolio Holders, ‘Support for Save Brightlingsea Pool’.
- Information from Sense for deafblind people, who are looking to promote the charity in the
- Notification of a Neighbourhood planning Information and Networking Event taking place on Saturday 2nd July, 10am to 12noon at RCCE House, Feering. If anyone would like to attend, please let me know.
- Notification of the LHP Meeting taking place at Weeley, on Thursday 16th June at 1700 hrs.. (Circulated to all councillors).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
- Notification of a Countrywide Superfast Essex Parish Engagement Event re Broadband on Wednesday 13th July 7pm to 9pm at the Essex Record Office in Chelmsford.
- The Lions Communications Committee are trying to organise an awareness week this summer around the District. The draft plan is to try and tie visits to towns with local market days but as Brightlingsea does not have one, we would like to come on Tuesday 2nd We need a space to erect a 3m square Marquee for about 4 hours – between 10 and 2 – ideally Victoria Place – perhaps on the Green as that might avoid us needing to get permission from the County Council as it is off the highway. They do not intend to sell anything – not even the Quiz Sheets – but promote projects and collect recycling such as spectacles and printer cartridges.
- The Italian Market ‘Italia In Piazza’ would like to hold another market in Brightlingsea on Friday 12th August 2016.
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:16th July 2016 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Howard and Russell)