- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Notification of the Recycling Credits for the Community Centre Recycling Site- January – March 2015 – £749.31 was generated.
- Notification from Essex County Council on its Public Consultation – Essex Statement of Community Involvement Update 2015, which runs from the 14th May until the 25th June. (Poster displayed on the Council Notice Board.)
- Notification from Essex County Council on the temporary footpath closure of footpath 31. The closure is scheduled from 15th June until 1 November 2015 for a period of 2 weeks only.
- Copy of the Essex Heritage Trust Newsletter – Spring 2015. (E-mailed to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Countryside Voice, Spring 2015 publication from the Campaign to Protect Rural England.
- Copy of the Essex County Council (Tendring District) (Permitted Parking and Special Parking Area) (Amendment No. 46) Order 201. The public notice appeared in the Colchester Evening Gazette and the Harwich & Manningtree Standard on the 11th and 12th (E-mailed to all Councillors).
- Letter from Brightlingsea In Bloom requesting an increase in their annual grant. (Passed to the Finance Committee for consideration).
- Information from organisation The Third Age Trust (U3A).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Thorrington Parish Council have become increasingly concerned by some of the down times of the barriers at the railway level crossing at Thorrington when trains are passing through and causing back logs on the roads leading up to the level crossing. They are thinking that a joint approach from several councils complaining to Network Rail would be more effective in improving this situation and are of the assumption that residents of Brightlingsea leaving and returning are affected by this level crossing, so are wondering if Brightlingsea Town Council might be prepared in assisting with a survey for example or in some other way? They would also be interested on the Town Council’s thoughts on this matter generally.
2.2 Planning Training for Town and Parish Councillors – Tendring District Council are holding training sessions to discuss determining planning applications on Monday 14th September 6pm until 8pm or Thursday 24th September 2pm until 4pm in the Council Chamber, Weeley Council Offices. Two places on either of the courses are available. If anyone would like to attend, please let me know.
2.3 The Brightlingsea Music Festival would like to offer the Council one space to site a gazebo free of charge, by way of appreciation for all the help and support they give each year towards the festival.
Next Councillor Surgery:11th July 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors J Russell and D Dixon)