Issues in hand from last meeting
These issues and recommendations were raised at the last council meeting in June and councillors advised that we investigate their viability with Essex CC. Having a found a suitable contact there we have sent them for consideration and will report back when we have a reply.
- Summer parking restrictions at the Waterside
- Signs on hoardings at Fieldgate Dock threatening clamping and fines
- One way system to relieve opposing traffic holdups in the New Street, Sydney Street, Tower Street area
- A recent resolution passed at the March 2015 council meeting re yellow lines at corners around Silcott Street/Nelson Street
- High Street parking restriction timings
- Proposed barriers outside school
General poor state of repair for local roads
Lisa has kindly, at our request, compiled a full list of all outstanding repair issues logged with Essex CC. Since so many are long term and a significant number have been rejected on grounds that they “did not fit criteria” to warrant a repair we felt that some urging was required. Andy Blanche held a councillor surgery with the Mayor recently and almost all of the residents who visited us had long standing complaints about necessary road repair.
Andy Blanche has added a report to the list compiled by Lisa and forwarded this to Eddie Johnson, Cabinet Member for Highways Maintenance and Small Schemes Delivery on Essex CC.
We are seeking clarification on the criteria for making repairs as some that have been rejected seem clearly to warrant swift action in our view. We are also seeking dates as to when the outstanding agreed repairs will be made.