- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Information from the Environment Agenda on its Seawall embankment routine maintenance. (E-mail circulated to all members).
- Copy of information sent to Tendring District Council from Needham Haddrell Charted Surveyors concerning Cornerstone Telecommunication Infrastructure Limited (Vodafone and Telefonica UK).
- Letter of thanks from All Saints’ with St James’ Brightlingsea Parochial Church Council for their annual grant.
- Letter of thanks from the RNLI for allowing them to borrow the council’s display boards for the Boat Show weekend. They raised just under £400.00 for the Lifeboats, and helped to raise awareness of the work of the RNLI Lifeboats and crew.
- Information from CVST on its forthcoming events.
- Information from PDP on its 14th Annual Data Protection Compliance Conference.
- Letter of thanks from Brightlingsea in Bloom for its annual grant.
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 NHS England have received an Application by Brightlingsea Health Project Limited for inclusion in the pharmaceutical list at 3a Woodlands Business Park, Tenpenny Hill, Thorrington, CO7 8JD in respect of a distance selling pharmacy. Councils backing is required on this.
2.2 The Suffolk Caravan Club would like to hold its 2016 rally on the Lower Park Playing Fields on 17th – 19th June 2016 (Carnival weekend).
2.3 Essex MCC (Motor Caravanners’ Club) would like to hold its 2016 rally of Lower park Playing Fields 24-26th June. (They are holding their 2015 rally on Lower Park Playing Fields 31st July – 2nd August)
2.4 EEDA (East Essex District Association of the Camping and Caravanning Club) would like to hold its 2016 rally on the Lower Park Playing Fields on 26th – 29th August 2016. (They are holding their 2015 rally on Lower Park Playing Fields 24-26th July).
2.5 Brightlingsea Sailing Club would like to request the use of the Lower Park Recreation Ground for the evening of 25th September through to the late afternoon of 27th September 2015. Brightlingsea Sailing Club is very pleased to be hosting the Royal Yachting Association’s Zone Championships, which is for youth competitors, and this is the first time we have been asked to hold it. We are anticipating around 150 competitors and their families.
Some will travel each day but there will be those who wish to camp or bring camper vans to the event and would therefore like to welcome them with opportunity of free camping to hopefully encourage them to return in the future.
It is a very prestigious event which will attract up to 500 people and if previous events held at the club are to go by will bring a significant amount of trade to the businesses of the town.
Next Councillor Surgery:15th August 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Ingate and Steady )