- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Information from Essex County Council regarding the Superfast Essex update: Parish Event slides + Satellite Scheme launch + 60,000 + map update + enquiry form. (Circulated to all councillors).
- Notification of the next meeting of the LLCF (Larger Local Council Forum) which will take place at Foakes Hall in Great Dunmow on the 25th February at 10am – 12.30. (Circulated to Councillor V Chapman).
- Information from the RCCE (Rural Community Council of Essex) on its Making Local Woods Work, which is an exciting pilot project working to help support and grow woodland-based social enterprises. For more information please see https://www.plunkett.co.uk/woodlands
- Information from Tendring District Council on the Superfast Broadband Satellite Scheme. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin – 24th December 2015 – 6th January 2016. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Invitation to attend the Essex Low Carbon Sustainable Business Breakfast Session on 2nd February at the Colchester Stadium. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of the Transport Representation Meetings for Tendring – February 2016. (Copied to Councillor Dixon).
- Information from Tendring District Council residents will be receiving ‘Food Waste Caddy Liners’ along with their 2016 collection calendar this year. (Poster displayed).
- Copy of the second Devolution Newsletter from Essex County Council. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the press release from Tendring District Council on the new extension to All Saints Churchyard. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Information from Bruno Peak on ESSEX & The Queen’s 90th Birthday Beacons – 21st April 2016. (Copied to Councillor J Chapman for consideration).
- Copy of The Essex Playing Fields Association Magazine, Autumn 2015.
- Letter of thanks from the Rotary Club of Brightlingsea and District for allowing them to use the council’s pick-up truck to tow their Sleigh. This year they collected £3,931.63 gross and their expenses were £170.78. The money will be split between Brightlingsea in Bloom, 4-Youth Brightlingsea, Wivenhoe Scout and Guide Association and the Gt Bentley Players. The Gt Bentley cricket club donated their share to the Club’s Trust Fund.
- Copy of a Public Notice from Essex County Council concerning ‘The Essex County council (Various Roads, Tendring District) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) (No. 5) Order 2016, which appeared in the paper on 31st December 2015 and 7th January 2016. The area affecting Brightlingsea is:
Road Description Alternative route Dates
B1029 Church Rd From its junction with No diversion 01/02/2016 –
Brightlingsea Maltings Rd, north west 05/02/2016
then north east to a point
approximately 700 metres
north east of its junction with
- Notification from Tendring District Council for the Recycling Credits for the community Centre Recycling Site. April – June 2015 generated £706.12 and July – September 2015 generated £878.05.
- Natural England Exhibition – Improvements to public access along the Essex Coast: Salcott to Jaywick Stretch – at the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Saturday 30th January 2061 from 9.30am – 1pm
- Copy of the CVST Community e-bulletin for 19th January 2016. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of a letter a local resident has sent to Dr Sane Gordon of Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust concerning the decision to withdraw the service of supplying hearing aid batteries from the Parish Hall. Also copy of information on the possible purchase of hearing aid batteries from Amazon.
- Letter of thanks from Essex County Fire & Rescue Service concerning a Town Council employee who is an on-call fire-fighter. (Copied to all Councillors).
- CORRESPONDENCE FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR GOGGIN:
- Notification of the Essex County Council Local Highways Panel on Thursday 28th January 2016 at Weeley together with a copy of the proposed schemes. The following are relevant to Brightlingsea:
Location Description Problem
Church Road, B’Sea Assessment for possible pedestrian Concerns raised by the
Crossing Colne Community
School in terms of speed
or traffic and for students
crossing the road
Bateman Road, B’Sea Possible pedestrian refuge Bateman Road is very
wide and students are
in safely crossing the
- Copy of a letter from Essex County Council concerning Essex Energy Switch. More information can be found on: essex.gov.uk/energyswitch (Copied to all Councillors)
- Notification that the next two Tendring Local Highways Panel Meetings in 2016: are Thursday 28th January and Thursday 7th April 2016.
- Copy of the Agenda for the Tendring Locality Board scheduled for Thursday 14th January 2016 at 6pm in the Council Chamber, Weeley.
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
3.1 A recent request was made to erect a Marquee on Hurst Green on Saturday 18th June 2016 for a 30th Birthday Party. (As this clashes with Carnival/Anzac Weekend, I was requested to find out more information.) They would like to start at around 7pm or 7.30pm until midnight, with approximately 150 guests, and they would be having a disco. The marquee would be situated near to the family home (61 Hurst Green).
3.2 A local resident is arranging a fundraising event hopefully in June at the Scout Hut Lower Park Road. They have spoken to the Scouts about hiring the hut, but would also like to hold a car boot sale as well. Dates to be confirmed.
3.3 A letter has been received from the Brightlingsea Rugby Club (copy circulated to all councillors) asking for support from the Council in identifying potential ground facilities within the town.
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:13th February 2016 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Barry and Yallop)