Two allotment plots have recently been given up. The waiting list currently has 40 people on it, and number 1 on the list put their name down on 29th July 2010.
• Looking into the provision of water at the allotments taking its valuable nature into consideration.
• Looking at a scheme whereby people with their own garden areas which they are unable/unwilling to cultivate, where they could come to a sharing arrangement, whereby somebody would be able to turn it to vegetables, and the scheme would allow the owners to share the produce.
• Plans are at an advanced stage to sink a bore hole to provide water for both allotments and Bayard Recreation Ground. This will make a saving of approximately £1,200 per year.
Following on from the recent storms, Essex County Council are to be requested to come back and check the state of all the trees in Manor Wood.
Lower Park Recreation Ground
• Improve landscaping – looking at the feasibility of including a sensory garden
• Improve drainage
• Increase dialogue with user groups
Bayard Recreation Ground
• Form a management structure more fit for purpose
• Plans for the dressing rooms extensions have been submitted to TDC
• Provide better storage facilities
• Improve the children’s playground by incorporating equipment for older children
We are pleased to announce that the Town Council has won the following Essex Playing Fields awards for the Bayard Recreation Ground:
Class 1 – Silver Award – Playing fields serving a population of 2,500 or more
Class 3- Merit Award – Children’s Playgrounds whether on or off playing fields, but judged apart from any playing field on which they are situated
Class 4 – Silver Award – Cricket grounds on which a winter game may or may not be played
Class 6 – Gold Award – For the best kept football pitch
The plan is now to register the Recreation Ground with the Fields in Trust scheme and to apply for grants from the relevant bodies.
Bye-Laws for Recreational Grounds
Existing bye-laws being reviewed with a view to updating and also an audit of usage being carried out.