TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to a meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea
on Thursday 17th January 2019 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (11th January 2019)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
- Apologies for Absence:
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 13th December 2018 and confirm as a correct record.
- Mayor’s Announcements
- Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
- Report from Sgt Tattersall on Operation Quasar
- Five Minute Report from County Councillor Goggin and Questions
Motion under SO9
Motion proposed by Councilor Barry:
This Council notes with sadness the public consultation launched by Essex County Council to close libraries
across the county, including the library in Brightlingsea. Whether complete closure or transition to volunteer
run services, this Council cannot accept the irreversible impact such plans have upon the social mobility and
educational opportunities of our residents.
This Council believes that education and information are fundamental for individuals to be socially mobile. For centuries, Libraries have provided people with available and accessible books, information and educational resources. This historic principle is now under threat in our town. Brightlingsea residents access many services provided at our libraries, not just books, but free Internet, DVDs, audio texts, a range of Council Services, and access to other support groups. Libraries are an important, free to enter, community asset.
Therefore, we call upon the Town Mayor to write directly to the Leader of Essex County Council and express our strong opposition to the closures, and call for a meaningful dialogue to shape, improve and enhance library services in our town.
Seconded by Councilor Steady
To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
- To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 13th December 2018 and 10th January 2019 and note Planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
- To receive reports submitted from Councillor Contacts and Co-ordinators
- To receive reports submitted from Member Representatives on Outside Bodies
- To receive reports submitted from District Councillors
- To receive the Town Clerks Report and determine actions requested
- MOTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS) ACT 1960 – To discuss the following:
- Property Update
16 . Property Update
Members Examining Accounts – Councillors Smith and J Chapman
NEXT COUNCIL MEETING –
THURSDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2019 AT 7.30 PM IN THE PARISH HALL