From the Colne Medical Centre:
As you are probably aware, this year will be a very challenging year for delivering the flu vaccine. In order to give the vaccine in a timely and safe manner we have had to adapt our usual procedures. The current vaccine programme does not include the new group of patients age 50-64, these will be offered later in the season.
Please read the information below carefully, this will be available on the practice website for future reference.
The practice will contact you via text message, email or phone to invite you to book your vaccination; please do not call until you have received this. High risk patients will be given priority and ALL vaccinations MUST be booked in advance.
Working in partnership with Brightlingsea Town Council I am pleased to announce that on Saturday 26th September and Saturday 3rd October flu vaccinations will take place at the Parish Hall, Victoria Place between 8.30am and 6.30pm. During these times parking charges in Victoria Place car park will be suspended.
On Sunday 25th October a clinic will run at the practice in Brightlingsea between 8.00am and 2.00pm
If you are housebound please contact the practice, arrangements will be made for you to have the vaccine at home.
Important notes about attending for your vaccine
- Attend on your own unless you need help mobilising.
- Walk to the clinic if at all possible.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time, we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queuing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- If it is raining on the day please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a period of time.
- You must wear a mask or face covering unless medically exempt. Please be prepared to show evidence of this.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival; hand sanitiser will also be available.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this please speak to the queue marshall on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow- they are there for your safety.
If you do not wish to have the vaccination this year please contact reception so that they can decline you from the programme.
If you have an appointment booked that you cannot make please contact the practice to cancel asap so that we can reallocate you. This may mean that we cannot vaccinate you until later in the season.