The Managing Director of First Bus, Giles Fearnley, has issued the following statement with regard to bus transport and the coronavirus
At First Bus, your safety is our top priority. In the wake of the evolving impacts of coronavirus, we are working with the Government and wider industry to ensure we are following the latest advice to keep you safe on our buses.
We recognise that buses play a significant role in many of our customers’ lives; in connecting you with communities and places of work. We remain focused on continuing to serve you, wherever and whenever it is safe and operationally possible for us to do so.
Keeping our customers safe
To help keep you safe we’re taking the following action:
- Stepping up our cleaning regimes including regular disinfection of all grab rails and poles, entrance door handles, window ledges and other touchpoints
- Encouraging good hand hygiene amongst all our staff
- Displaying NHS advice on our buses wherever it is practical to do so.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser whenever soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then place the tissue into the bin straight away.
- We encourage all customers to switch to contactless payments and purchasing tickets via our Mobile app where possible. We appreciate your assistance in helping to limit the spread of coronavirus.
In the event that we have to make short notice changes as this situation evolves, updated timetables will be published on our website in the first instance. We’ll do all we can to keep providing you with the service you expect. It may become difficult to keep real time information and service changes updated in our app so please refer to our website www.firstgroup.com/coronavirus for the latest updates.
We understand that it may be challenging to plan too far ahead at the moment. In line with current Government advice, our standard terms and conditions of travel remain in place. If you are uncertain of your rights and the flexibility of your ticket you can find them here. Thanks for your ongoing custom and support.