- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Copy of Essex County Council’s Making the Links monthly bulletin. (Copied to all Councillors).
- Copy of the EALC Bulletin – 5th March 2016. (Copied to all Councillors).
- E-mail from the Hearing Dogs for the Deaf thanking the Council for sending it used stamps to them. With our help a total of £11,563.93 has been raised, with Hearing Dog ‘Marti’ being the sixth dog to be supported by funds raised from the stamp recycling.
- Notification from Tendring District Council on its MCA Beach Supervisor Course being held on the 8th and 9th (Copied to all Councillors).
- Notification of Scope house-to-house collection dates – 28th March to 17th April 2016.
- Dog micro-chipping will take place on Thursday 3rd March at the Parish Hall from 10am until 2pm.
- CORRESPONDENCE FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR GOGGIN:
- Copy of the agenda for the forthcoming Local Highways Panel Meeting on 28.1.16, together with copy of the minutes from the meeting held on 22.10.15.
- Copy of an Essex County Council Fact Sheet – Facts about new communities & myth-busting.
- Copy of correspondence sent to ECC regarding:- (1) white lining defects at Greenstead Road Roundabout, Colchester (2) lining defects in Victoria Place and (3) pothole at Hurst Green.
- Correspondence on the Parking Restrictions in the High Street – ECC-065035-16. (Circulated to all Councillors)
- Copy of an e-mail sent to ECC concerning a claim for vehicle damage.
CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
- Bert Stocks Fun Fair would like to visit the Western Promenade, arriving on Monday 18th July and leaving on Monday 25th July 2016. They have also asked if we can hold the price as last year. (For your information the price for 2015 was £408.00 and the price for 2016 is £416.00).
- An invitation has been received from Essex County Council Replacement Waste Local Plan Team to attend an Engagement Event on Tuesday 1st March 2016 at St Cedds Hall, Chelmsford from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. (Two spaces available per council). This event is targeted specifically at Parish Councils in Essex and Southend-on-Sea; the main focus will be the Replacement Waste Local Plan: Pre Submission Draft.
- Tendring District Council are asking for road names for the new development off Robinson Road, Brightlingsea. The suggested names are:- Linnett Mews, Wilfreds Way, Skylark Drive and Redshank Court.
Reason:- Wilfred was the name of the landowner’s father (Wilfred Mann-now deceased). The other names being bird species, associated with the nearby Colne Point Nature Reserve.
- Children’s World Fun Park would like to visit Hurst Green – 14th – 15th Their opening hours are 12 noon until 6pm Saturday/Sunday. Children’s World is designed for 2 to 10 year olds.
- Brightlingsea Community Association would like to hold a fund raising car boot sale on its grounds on Good Friday : Friday 25th March 2016.
- Received a letter from TDALC asking for the Town Councils support – as follows:
“Closure of Courts and Police Stations
TDALC is writing to the two MPs for Tendring With a request that they support TDALC in deploring the closure of some courts and police stations – which would reduce access particularly for the elderly unable to drive and access public transport and the people who are unable to afford cars and have little other access due to the lack of public transport in our rural area. We recognise that this process reduces the cost of services to the state but passes that cost for transport on to the part of our population least able to afford to get to remote venues and probably more likely to need the help these services provide.
It would be appreciated if you have any reasons or examples which you would like added to the case to the MPs.
We hope to be speaking on behalf of all the 27 Parish and Town Councils in Tendring District. So please could you let us know as soon as possible that you support us in this approach.”
- A Brightlingsea resident is helping to organise a tour by Circus Raj this summer in the UK. The organising body in the UK is The Essex Cultural and Diversity project and a prospective date is 27th June, though this is flexible. Venue – Hurst Green.
Further details as follows:-
- Dimensions of performance space: 40 x 40ft outdoor ring, plus changing tent space 30x 30ft
- There is no charge to existing community event organisers
- The performance will be free to members of the public
- The event is subject to the Arts Council funding Essex Cultural Diversity Project and Arts La’Olam are applying for
- Essex Cultural Diversity Project will provide Insurance cover and Public Liability for the event
- ECDP to provide Risk Assessment
- Space required is a village green or common land – grassed area
- Indian Circus to perform outside on a tight rope with a small Indian tent 30 x 30 ft for changing room.
- There will be Bhangra Drummers with the Indian circus, the show promises to be vibrant and musical, acrobatic and visually very bright!
Reminder: Next Councillor Surgery:12th March 2016 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Block and V Chapman)