1.0 CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
1.1 Information from Maldon District Council on its extension to consultation period for the Maldon District pre-submission local development plan consultation.
1.2 Notification of a tree preservation order made on the 23rd January 2014 at the Long Plantation, Brightlingsea (order number 14/00002/TPO).
1.3 Notification of an invitation from Chelmsford Cathedral for members to visit the Cathedral for a guided tour, afternoon tea and Evensong. (Copied to all Councillors). Anyone wishing to attend, please let me know.
1.4 Copy of an Employment e-newsletter from Prettys Solicitors. Issue No. 11, January 2014.
1.5 Letter from Essex County Council on its Minerals and Water Planning teams new web-site. (Copied to all Councillors).
1.6 Information from the British Red Cross on its first aid training.
1.7 L:etter of thanks from The Autumn Centre on the donation from the Mayors funds, towards the Brightlingsea Lunch Club at Christmas.
1.8 Copy of the Newslink newsletter from CVST, Issue 120, Spring 2014.
2.0 CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Brightlingsea Community Centre requests permission to hold a Car Boot Sale on the Centre Grounds on Good Friday 18th April 2014.
2.2 East Essex DA Camping and Caravan Club requests permission to use Lower Park Playing Fields for its 2015 rally – 24th to 26th July. (They are holding their 2014 rally on 25-27 July).
2.3 Brightstarz Display Team requests permission to hire the recreation ground on Sunday 27th July 2014.
- This is so we can hold a majorette competition and family fun day. The field would be in use from 7.30am – 7pm.
- We have 8 confirmed majorette troupes wishing to participate travelling from as far a field as Great Yarmouth and Romford. With the visiting troupes alone this will bring in between 250-300 people.
- We would like this to become an annual event in Brightlingsea, and would like to involve the people of Brightlingsea and the surrounding area as much as possible. This is a free event to the public and along side the majorette competition we would like to run a car boot sale, mini fun fair and some trade stands.
- We have already spoken to the scout group and arranged that we can also use their hut, as we use their facility to train in on a weekly basis.
- As a troupe we have our own public liability insurance, as dose each troupe and their own first aiders.
- We are and will be advised by a NEBOSH Health and Safety Advisor in every aspect of the setup and the general running of the day.
- Cars would need to be parked on the field obviously, and we would have two arenas running throughout the day, which will be playing music, but no music would be played until 9 am in the morning to respect the residents that live close to the recreation ground.
- We will of course inform both the local police and fire brigade of the event so that they are aware.
- We would also like to ask if the mayor or a local councillor would like to come and present the awards at the end of the day to the troupes for their hard-work and effort.
- We are also getting the Clacton Gazette, Colchester Gazette and Dream 100 involved to both advertise the event and cover the event on the day.
Next Councillor Surgery:15th March 2014 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors J Chapman and Block)