Amenity Areas / Allotments
• To acquire more amenity land.
4 allotment plots have recently been given up, and are waiting to be re-let. The allotment waiting list currently has 41 people on it, and number 1 on the list put their name down in July 2010.
• Looking into the provision of water at the allotments taking its valuable nature into consideration.
• Looking at a scheme whereby people with their own garden areas which they are unable/unwilling to cultivate, where they could come to a sharing arrangement, whereby somebody would be able to turn it to vegetables, and the scheme would allow the owners to share the produce.
• In the process of obtaining planning for sinking of the Bore Hole.
More remedial works have been carried our in the past week (w/c 10.2.14) by Essex County Council.
Lower Park Recreation Ground
• Improve landscaping – looking at the feasibility of including a sensory garden
• Improve drainage
• Increase dialogue with user groups
Bayard Recreation Ground
• Form a management structure more fit for purpose
• Plans for the dressing rooms extensions have been submitted to TDC and permission has been granted. Next stage is to obtain a specification drawing to be able to move to a tendering process.
• Provide better storage facilities
• Improve the children’s playground by incorporating equipment for older children
The plan is now to register the Recreation Ground with the Fields in Trust scheme and to apply for grants from the relevant bodies.
Bye-Laws for Recreational Grounds
Existing bye-laws being reviewed with a view to updating and also an audit of usage being carried out.