BRIGHTLINGSEA TOWN COUNCIL
Minutes of the Extraordinary Council Meeting held at The Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 27th June 2019 at 7.30pm.
G Steady (Mayor)
J Chapman (Deputy Mayor)
M Barry, M Beckett, I Block, J Carr, G Chasney,
J Howard, M Judson and C MacGregor
Tracey Pulford – Town Clerk
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Councillor Smith.
- DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS:
The Mayor reminded Members to declare interests when necessary.
- TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE MEETING HELD ON THE 25TH JUNE 2019 AND TO CONFIRM THE RECOMMENDATIONS THEREIN:
Councillor Block proposed that the Minutes were accepted as a true record, and the recommendations, (as written) be accepted:
- The Risk Assessment is accepted and signed off at the Extraordinary Council Meeting on the 27th June 2019.
- The valuation of all property would be looked at during 2019/2020.
- The value of £2,578,751.02 would form part of the AGAR figures.
- The Year End Accounts are signed off at the Extraordinary Council meeting on the 27th June 2019.
- New quotations are received for the replacement CCTV cameras.
- Car Park monies – Draw a line under this for the 2018 season, claim the money due to the Town Council for the 2018 season and enter into discussions for the 2019 season.
- Dave Atkinson is engaged as the Councils Project Engineer for the Lido building works.
- The Annual Financial Report was agreed by all present, and the recommendations made in that report were noted.
- Section 1 of the AGAR is completed as follows:- questions 1-8 yes; question 9 N/A.
- The figures in Section 2 of the AGAR are agreed.
- The recommendations in the Internal Audit Report 2019 are adopted as written.
- The members allowances for Brightlingsea would remain at £300.00 for Members and £500.00 for the Mayor for 2019/2020, and that this amount would be reviewed for the 2020/2021 budgets.
- The Town Council would take part in the Operation Quasar initiative over the summer months, however Tendring District Council and Essex Police would be asked to see if they would like to contribute/match fund.
- The Town Council would purchase the coffee percolator and it would be available to be lent out to organisations.
- £300.00 from the Tourism CCC Budget would be allocated to the Regatta, for the fireworks.
- A full page advert would be placed in the Chronicle Business Directory, at a cost of £244.00, from the Tourism CCC budget.
- Quotations would be sought for the replacement/repair of the slide in Pawsons Playground.
Seconded by Councillor Carr. A vote was taken: for: 9; against: 1. Agreed.
Councillor MacGregor stated that as she has not received any of the paperwork, she was unable to confirm her agreement to this.
0.38 CLOSE OF BUSINESS:
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 7.39 p.m.
Date: 18th July 2019