- CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTE:
- Copy of The Essex Playing Fields Association Magazine, Summer 2015.
- Copy of the CPRE Countryside Voice Magazine, Summer 2015.
- Letter from the Brightlingsea Infant School on its proposal to extend the age range of the school to incorporate nursery provision with effect from 11th April 2016. Consultation period runs from 17th July to 11th (Letter circulated to all Councillors).
- Notification from Essex County Council of a Public Notice that appeared in the Colchester Evening Gazette on 23rd July 2015. The order is to temporarily close a length of Bayard Avenue, Beaumont Avenue, George Avenue, New Street and Recreation Way. The closures are scheduled to commence within 18 months from 1st August 2015 for approximately 5 days. (Letter circulated to all Councillors).
- Letter of thanks from the Alzheimer’s Society for the 2014-2015 Mayor choosing them as her charity. (Letter copied to Councillor V Chapman).
- Freedom of Information Act Letter from the Brightlingsea Harbour Users concerning dispute with BTC/Charges/Ownership. (Under the FOI Act, this letter will be responded to within the allocated 20 working days) (Letter circulated to all Councillors).
- CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION:
2.1 Part Night Street Lighting within Tendring – Tendring District Council have set up a working party and would like views on whether residents, in general, are in favour, or not, of having street lights within our town turned back on at night. All responses have to be with TDC by Friday 11th September 2015. (Letter circulated to all Councillors).
2.2 Rev Jean Wilkinson is getting married on Wednesday 28th October at 11am at the United Church in Chapel Road. She is requesting parking on Hurst Green for her guests, if the weather is dry. (Terry Hamilton is happy to marshal this parking, during his working day).
2.3 Tendring District Council are required to review its Statement of Gambling Policy every three years. This revised policy will run for three years from January 2016 to January 2019. The consultation period runs from 1st august to 14th September 2015. The Policy can be viewed or downloaded from the licensing pages of the Council’s website on www.tendringdc.gov.uk (Letter circulated to all Councillors).
Next Councillor Surgery:12th September 2015 – 10am – 12noon at the Parish Hall
(In attendance: Councillors Barry and Yallop)