Brightlingsea Town Council
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 15th May 2014 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (9th May 2014)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
- Election of Town Mayor for 2014-2015
2. Installation of Town Mayor – Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. Election of Deputy Mayor for 2014-2015
4. Apologies for Absence: Councillors Edey and Yallop
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 17th April 2014 and to confirm as a correct record.
6. Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
7. Appointments of Committees / Member with Special Responsibilities / Representatives on Outside Bodies as per Standing Orders
a) Standing Committees – Finance & Property Committee (7 Members)
Staff Committee (7 Members)
Planning Committee (7 Members)
b) Members with Special Responsibilities – Amenity Areas & Allotments
Footpaths & Open Spaces
Transport & Highways
Welfare & Services for the Elderly
c) Members appointed as Representatives on Outside Bodies – Essex & Tendring Association of Local Councils Colne Smack Preservation Society
Neighborhood Action Panel
Colne Estuary Partnership
Local Police Liaison
James Aldous Trust
(a) To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
(b) To receive and approve the Minutes of the Finance Meeting held on the 13th May 2014 and to confirm the recommendations therein.
9. To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 17th April and 1st May 2014 and to note planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
- BTC Schedule of Meetings – June 2014 – May 2015 (Council and Planning)
- To receive reports submitted from Members with Special Responsibilities
- To receive the Town Clerk’s Report and determine actions requested
Members Examining Accounts – Councillor Aldridge and Councilor Block
Members of the public are invited to join the Mayor and Councillors for
Drinks and nibbles after the meeting.