TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 21st May 2015 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (15th May 2015)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
- Election of Town Mayor for 2015-2016
- Installation of Town Mayor – Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- Election of Deputy Mayor for 2015-2016
- Apologies for Absence: Councillor Mick Barry
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 16th April 2015 and to confirm as a correct record.
- Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
- Appointments of Committees / Member with Special Responsibilities / Representatives on Outside Bodies as per Standing Orders
- a) Standing Committees – Finance & Property Committee (7 Members)
Staff Committee (7 Members)
Planning Committee (7 Members)
- b) Members with Special Responsibilities – Amenity Areas & Allotments
Footpaths & Open Spaces
Transport & Highways
Welfare & Services for the Elderly
- c) Members appointed as Representatives on Outside Bodies – Essex & Tendring Association of Local Councils Colne Smack Preservation Society
Neighborhood Action Panel
Colne Estuary Partnership
Local Police Liaison
James Aldous Trust
- d) Members appointed to the Springmead Trust (9 Members)
(a) To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
(b) To receive and approve the Minutes of the Finance Meeting held on the 5th May 2015 and to confirm the recommendations therein.
- County Councillor Goggin
- To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 16th and 30th April 2015 and to note planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
- Parish Council Elections – Insufficient Nominations (Letter from Tendring District Council dated 14th May
- To ratify the charges proposed by the Harbour Commissioners in their letter dated 2nd April 2015. Council are grateful to the Harbour Commissioners for reconsidering and suggest that an advisory group is established consisting of 4 bodies: Town Council, Harbour Commissioners, Harbour Users and Businesses. In addition the Council recommends that the Harbour Commissioners give more notice of proposed fees in the next round of discussions.
- BTC Schedule of Meetings – June 2015 – May 2016 (Council and Planning)
- To receive the Town Clerk’s Report and determine actions requested
Members Examining Accounts – Councillors Yallop and Steady
Next Council Meeting – Thursday 18th June at 7.30pm at the Parish Hall
Members of the public are invited to join the Mayor and Councillors for
Drinks and nibbles after the meeting.