TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 19th May 2016 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (13th May 2015)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
1. Election of Town Mayor for 2016-2017
2. Installation of Town Mayor – Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. Election of Deputy Mayor for 2016-2017
4. Apologies for Absence:
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 21st April 2016 and to confirm as a correct record.
6. Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
7. Appointments of Committees / Councillor Contact and Coordinator / Representatives on Outside Bodies as per Standing Orders
a) Standing Committees – Finance & Property Committee (7 Members)
Staff Committee (7 Members)
Planning Committee (7 Members)
b) Councillor Contact and Coordinator –
Amenity Areas & Open Spaces
Western Promenade & Swimming Pool
Youth & Services for Children
Footpaths & Allotments
Tourism & Communication
Welfare and Services for the Elderly
Hard & Harbour
Transport & Highways
c) Members appointed as Representatives on Outside Bodies – Essex & Tendring Association of Local Councils Colne Smack Preservation Society
Neighborhood Action Panel
Colne Estuary Partnership
Local Police Liaison
James Aldous Trust
To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
9. County Councillor Goggin
10. To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 28th April and 12th May 2016 and to note planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
12. BTC Schedule of Meetings – June 2016 – May 2017 (Council and Planning)
13. To receive the Town Clerk’s Report and determine actions requested
14. MOTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS) ACT 1960 – To discuss the following:
• To receive the Staff Minutes from the meeting held on the 4th May 2016 and confirm as a correct record
15. To receive the Staff Minutes from the meeting held on the 4th May 2016 and confirm as a correct record
Members Examining Accounts – Councillors M Barry and J Chapman
Next Council Meeting – Wednesday 15th June 2016 at 7.30pm at the Parish Hall
Members of the public are invited to join the Mayor and Councillors for
Drinks and nibbles after the meeting.