TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 18th May 2017 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (12th May 2017)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
- Election of Town Mayor for 2017-2018
- Installation of Town Mayor – Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- Election of Deputy Mayor for 2017-2018
- Apologies for Absence:
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 20th April 2017 and to confirm as a correct record.
- Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
- Appointments of Committees / Councillor Contact and Coordinator / Representatives on Outside Bodies as per Standing Orders
- a) Standing Committees – Finance & Property Committee (7 Members)
Staff Committee (7 Members)
Planning Committee (7 Members)
- b) Councillor Contact and Coordinator – Amenity Areas & Open Spaces
Youth & Services for Children
Footpaths & Allotments
Tourism & Communication
Welfare and Services for the Elderly
Hard & Harbour
Transport & Highways
- c) Members appointed as Representatives on Outside Bodies – Essex & Tendring Association of Local Councils Colne Smack Preservation Society
Colne Estuary Partnership
Local Police Liaison
Charity of James Aldous for a Public Museum
(a) To receive and approve the Minutes of the Finance Meeting held on 8th May 2017 and to confirm the recommendations therein.
(b) To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
- County Councillor Goggin
- To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 11th May 2017 and to note planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
- To receive reports submitted from Councillor Contacts and Coordinators
- To receive reports submitted from Member Representatives on Outside Bodies
- To receive reports submitted from District Councillors
- BTC Schedule of Meetings – June 2017 – May 2018 (Council and Planning)
- To receive the Town Clerk’s Report and determine actions requested
Members Examining Accounts – Councillors M Judson and D Ingate
Next Council Meeting – Thursday 15th June 2017 at 7.30pm at the Parish Hall
Members of the public are invited to join the Mayor and Councillors for
Drinks and nibbles after the meeting.