TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held in the Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea on Thursday 16th May 2019 at 7.30 p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below.
Tracey Pulford (10th May 2019)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
- Election of Town Mayor for 2019-2020
- Installation of Town Mayor – Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- Election of Deputy Mayor for 2019-2020
- Apologies for Absence
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 18th April 2019 and to confirm as a correct record.
- Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Members are reminded of the requirement to disclose any Interest in relation to items on the Agenda, when these are discussed.
- Appointments of Committees / Councillor Contact and Coordinator / Representatives on Outside Bodies as per Standing Orders
- Standing Committees – Finance & Property Committee (7 Members)
Staff Committee (7 Members)
Planning Committee (7 Members)
- Councillor Contact and Coordinator – Amenity Areas & Open Spaces
Youth & Services for Children
Footpaths & Allotments
Tourism & Communication
Welfare and Services for the Elderly
Hard & Harbour
Transport & Highways
- Members appointed as Representatives on Outside Bodies – Essex Association of Local Councils
- Tendring District Association of Local Councils
- Colne Smack Preservation Society
- Colne Estuary Partnership
- Local Police Liaison
- Churchyard Committee
- Safeguarding Officers (2 members)
- Emergency Plan
- Springmead Trust (9 members)
To receive and approve the recommendations of those Members examining the Accounts for the current period.
- Report from County Councillor Goggin
- To receive questions from the public
To receive the Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 18th April and 2nd May 2019 and to note planning decisions of Tendring District Council.
- Town Council Vacancy
- Operation Quasar
- To receive report submitted from District Councillors
- BTC Schedule of Meetings – June 2019 – May 2020 (Council and Planning)
Members Examining Accounts – Councillors Barry and Steady
Next Council Meeting – Thursday 20th June 2019 at 7.30pm at the Parish Hall
Members of the public are invited to join the Mayor and Councillors for drinks and nibbles after the meeting.