TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to the Annual Meeting of the Council to be held remotely on Wednesday 5th May 2021 at 7.30p.m. for the transaction of the business stated below. Members of the press and public are welcome to attend.
Due to the current restriction in place, the Council is unable to meet in person so will be meeting virtually, via Zoom.
If any member of the public would like to join this meeting, please contact the Town Clerk on:firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2.00pm on the day of the meeting, for the log in details.
Tracey Pulford (28th April 2021)
C O U N C I L A G E N D A
1. Election of Mayor for 2021-2022:
To elect the Mayor of Brightlingsea for the Municipal Year 2021/2022.
2. Installation of Mayor:
The new Mayor to make the Statutory Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
3. Election of Deputy Mayor for 2021-2022:
To elect the Deputy Mayor for the Municipal Year 2021/2022.
4. Apologies for Absence:
To receive and approve apologies for absence.
To receive the Minutes of the Meeting held on the 26th April 2021 and to confirm as a correct record.
6. Declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests:
To receive any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in relation to items on the agenda, when these are discussed.
7. Appointments to Committees:
To appoint Chairman, Vice Chairman and Members to serve on the following committees for 2021/2022:
- Finance and Property Committee (7 members)
- Staff Committee (7 members)
- Planning Committee (7 members)
8. Appointments to Councillor Contact and Coordinator Areas:
To appoint members to the following Councillor Contact and Coordinator Areas:
- Amenity Areas & Open Spaces
- Footpaths & Allotments
- Hard & Harbour
- Swimming Pool
- Tourism & Communication
- Transport & Highways
- Welfare and Services for the Elderly
- Western Promenade
- Youth & Services for Children
9. Appointments to Outside Bodies:
To appoint Members to represent the Town Council on Outside Bodies for 2021/2022:
- Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC)
- Tendring District Association of Local Councils (TDALC)
- Colne Smack Preservation Society
- C.C.G. (Clinical Commissioning Group)
- Local Police Liaison
- Churchyard Committee
- Bradwell B
10. Appointments of Council Trustees:
To appoint Council Members as Trustees to the following:
- Springmead Trust (5 members)
11. Appointments to the following:
To appoint Members to the following:
- Emergency Plan (2 members)
- Safeguarding Officers (2 members)
12. To re-confirm Delegated Powers to the Town Clerk:
To re-confirm delegation of Council decisions to the Clerk during any period of restricted activity declared by the Government in respect of the Covid-19 virus. Such delegation to enable the Council to fulfill its responsibilities to its residents, until a date when face to face meetings can resume.
13. Town Council Policies:
To review and adopt the following Town Council Policies:
(a) To carry out a review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Code of Conduct
(b) To consider and adopt the Co-Option Policy
14. Questions from the public:
To receive questions from the public.
15. Town Clerk’s Report:
To receive the Town Clerk’s Report and determine actions requested.
16. BTC Schedule of Meetings – May 2021 – May 2022 (Council and Planning):
To agree the schedule of meetings – May 2021 to May 2022.