NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTORS’ RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2013
Audit Commission Act 1998, Sections 15 and 16 and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011 (SI 2011 No 817)
1. Date of announcement: 26 April 2013
2. Each year the body’s annual return is audited by an auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. Any person interested has the right to inspect the accounts and make copies of the annual return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to the accounting statements. For the year ended 31 March 2013 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Tracey Pulford – Town Clerk
Brightlingsea Town Council, The Parish Hall, Victoria Place, Brightlingsea CO7 0BP
Between the hours of 9.30 am and 12.45 pm on Monday to Friday
Commencing on 10 May 2013 and ending on 7 June 2013
3. Local electors and their representatives have rights to:
• The opportunity to question the auditor about these accounts; and
• The right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the body.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 10 June 2013 and until the audit has been completed.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Audit Commission Act 1998, the Accounts and Audit Regulations (England) 2011 and the Audit Commission’s Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Tracey Pulford – Town Clerk.